Our police made the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some horses are awesome some suck . One of my daughters horses would buck you off then stomp you then after stomping you would eat you. Meanest horse in the world,The mare and my daughter get along really well. Once the well guy came to check a well problem and walked into the horses pen to check the water flow into the water trough. The horse chased him into a corner and was going to stomp him. I had to get in between then horse and well guy .the horse respects me on the ground and did what I asked.

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
Originally Posted By: grampi

That's right this is the USA and we have laws here...that doesn't mean people get to pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to violate, then protest against what happens when they break the laws...people shouldn't commit crimes if they can't handle what happens to them for doing so...

Normally I'd agree with you 100 percent. What bugs me is the way the police treated this man. Was he wrong for what he allegedly did? Maybe. But - we have laws about presumed innocent until proven guilty. I don't think any of those policeman qualify as a judge and jury (though in this case that is exactly what they became.)

As was mentioned - look at the video. The man is laying on his stomach arms out to his side, and still the police abuse him. That is wrong! He was obviously NOT resisting arrest.

Edit: FWIW, the news reporters are saying he was kicked 12 times and punched 29 times. Am I the only one that thinks that is excessive when the man is laying on the ground?

So in this case when you don't see all of the video, just the capture and beating, you think the cops are guilty?? Where's their innocent until proven guilty?

"So in this case when you don't see all of the video, just the capture and beating, you think the cops are guilty?? Where's their innocent until proven guilty?"

The same should have applied to the guy they arrested, if that's what you can call what they did.

U think maybe there might be an investigation on this one? There was 25+ hits on the bad guy, he must have been one tough dude. John Wayne could have done this all by himself,,,,lol. Oh well, nothing new these days in the USA, normal day for the police...

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

"So in this case when you don't see all of the video, just the capture and beating, you think the cops are guilty?? Where's their innocent until proven guilty?"

The same should have applied to the guy they arrested, if that's what you can call what they did.

Exactly. And with the reports of him possible throwing a girl off the horse? Unbelievable.

Has anyone here ever fallen off a horse? They ride pretty high. She would have been pulled and/ or thrown off.

Why do people always side with the criminal?...news flash***...quit breakin the law and the police will leave you alone...

Exactly, again we don't know what transpired BEFORE that part of the video.....

I'm not saying the police should be unprofessional but even they are human and the broken criminal justice system keeps spitting many serious criminals back out onto the streets where they repeat the same crimes over and over and over again. I can believe that the officers patience is wearing more and more thin as time goes on.

Frankly the perp got what he deserved, you break the law, you pay.
Most of the time when these perps get incarcerated it doesn't make any lasting impression to stay out of trouble. Beatings DO. That is a simple fact.

I think it is true to this day that in Texas if you steal a man's horse, the owner can kill you. I agree with that law.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I can believe that the officers patience is wearing more and more thin as time goes on.

So I guess we'll all just have to walk on eggshells then to avoid getting a beating or shot for 10 over the limit then. I wonder how thin it's going to wear. Could get scary for all of us.

You gotta give the thief credit for knowing how to ride a horse. That's impressive.
smile.gif

The takeaway from these increasingly common incidents is that if they can do it to them they can do it to you.
Anyone who thinks that they could never be mistreated by the police is living in a fool's paradise.
We have rules that define all of our actions, including those of the police. This incident is an example of why we have these rules.

Ten San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department deputies have been placed on paid administrative leave as the the search for the guilty and punishment of the innocent begins.

Remember that CHP officer hitting a black woman on the side of the highway ?

He could have restrained her in a much different way than constantly striking her with his fists.

to be frank, there has been too much cap violence and they have been able to get away with because all that thinking the guilty guy deserved that. well sometimes, the guy is innocent. in my town, a university cop killed unarmed drunk and naked student who knocked on police station door and that even didn't get to the national news, probably because they were both white. the family tried to sue and they lost, due to the university being a state institution and had civil immunity. there is a lot of that that even doesn't get on the radar screen.

When are people going to get it? Its not about blacks or whites. Its about Cops and they are on huge power trips. It all started when they made the move to "Tactical". tactical should never be cops. They all think they are tough guys and people are stupid and they keep everyone in line. "Serve and Protect", yeah right. More like "Limit and Control". My best friend is a cop and my brotherinlaw and to hear them talk makes me sick. They talk like people are second class and if you are a cop, well then you get special rules and rights. I ve never been arrested, yet I can easily consider myself a cop hater. Just by the way, I ve been treated the few times, I had to deal with them. people can blame themselves for the problem of slowly evolving into sheep. People should have ben horrified in America when the police armed with tanks and automatic weapons searched houses in Boston after the bombing, yet they thought it was totally called for. Never is it called for to open your house up to police and let your city become a police state. Its because of this willingness for police to take control, they now have. Now we watch the monsters we have created.

Last edited:
Looks to me he was resisting arrest.
This should be a good deterrent on crime.
Obey the law and this won't to you.

Originally Posted By: dernp
Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc

That's right this is the USA and we have laws here...that doesn't mean people get to pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to violate, then protest against what happens when they break the laws...people shouldn't commit crimes if they can't handle what happens to them for doing so...

Normally I'd agree with you 100 percent. What bugs me is the way the police treated this man. Was he wrong for what he allegedly did? Maybe. But - we have laws about presumed innocent until proven guilty. I don't think any of those policeman qualify as a judge and jury (though in this case that is exactly what they became.)

As was mentioned - look at the video. The man is laying on his stomach arms out to his side, and still the police abuse him. That is wrong! He was obviously NOT resisting arrest.

Edit: FWIW, the news reporters are saying he was kicked 12 times and punched 29 times. Am I the only one that thinks that is excessive when the man is laying on the ground?

So in this case when you don't see all of the video, just the capture and beating, you think the cops are guilty?? Where's their innocent until proven guilty?

I saw all the video posted (not sure you can say the same) - the man was laying on his stomach hands out to his side and the cops kicked and punched him. I don't see that as resisting arrest.
The video obviously shows the cops beating him. Would you feel the cops were still "innocent" if that was you or a friend or relative of yours lying there getting beaten by so called law enforcement? (Rhetorical question)At the 40 second mark of the video he is clearing face down on the ground hands out to his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back