Opti-Lube Oil Fortifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding Just 3% Of Opti-Lube
Oil Fortifier Can Reduce Wear
By 40% or More !

BOLD statement

That kind of figure is often a play on words. Just like Castrol says 90% of wear occurs at startup ..but fails to also tell you that the 90% occurs during the first 20 minutes that's referred to as startup.

Remember 90% of statistics can be made up on the spot 50% of the time.

Consider these questions:

What is NOT in my current PCMO that I need from this product?

Should I change my PCMO to boost engine protection and not need this expensive add-on (or "add-in?")

What does FORTIFY (or other OTC oil add term) really mean or infer?

Do the claim's stats really make sense. (Most don't); I.E., they don't "add-up."

Is this product really beneficial. WHile the parent company may make other good products, is this one advantagious?

Thanks.
Does anyone know where I can find a VOA of this add. or do you think it would pay to have one done?
I'm considering using it but would like to know what's in it first.
Yes I searched and yes I asked the manufacturer.

It's all a bunch of snake oil. Change your oil regularly and sleep well at night knowing you are a well informed consumer.

...Step away from the Kool-aid...

I believe there are alot of good additives out there not only Auto-Rx. They all serve their purpose. Do you call Nulon, Amsoil and other Solvent flushes snake oil ? They do their job but not as safely as Auto-RX does. Liqui Moly MOS2 is another good additive. Yes there is enough good literature to suggest that Teflon based additives either do not work, or not as effective in the engine, in other areas possibly they work.

If Opti Lube was a site sponsor, would the site managers be coming to their rescue ? Yes i agree some people were bagging out Auto-Rx when it is a fantastic product.

I agree with Molakule, but their claim of 40% could be true, you would hope any oil is reducing it by that much. But what is it compared against, how much wear exactly ??? This is typical marketing confusion....

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
That kind of figure is often a play on words. Just like Castrol says 90% of wear occurs at startup ..but fails to also tell you that the 90% occurs during the first 20 minutes that's referred to as startup.

Remember 90% of statistics can be made up on the spot 50% of the time.

Sorta like, 60% of the time, it works every time???
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

sm_vid_sexpanthercologne.jpg

DocB you said you contacted the MFG, what did they say was in there add? Is there a MSDS? if you feel it necessary you could always do a VOA...

I am wondering about using this in my 97 K1500. It has 230k on it and "high mileage Pennzoil" I use says protection over 75k miles (got a chuckle out of the parts guy when I asked did he have 200k+ oil)

Eric and Gary like MotorKote, so chlorinated compounds in an ICE is the cat's pajamas
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back