Opinions Mobil/Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either. Though I'd for certain go with TGMO/M1 EP before using M1 AFE. Every time I see a product that speaks about fuel economy, they likely had to make the oil a bit lighter than the usual 0W-20 grade (or equivalent weight) to get that extra 1% fuel mileage for advertisement reasons. At least from what it seems, there's a trade off between engine protection vs fuel economy/emissions, and to me, that isn't worth it. Because if they are actually able to get the same protection as the other oils, yet get more EPA, why the heck is it not in every oil then?

Unless you guys can show me otherwise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Villalobos

Order for local pickup at a Toyota dealer, $31 with tax for a case of 6 quart.

I'd use it too if I could find it anywhere near that price. Local dealers all have the bendover price list.

So I use Mobil 1

One can google the part # 002790WQTE6S and dealers across the country show up with prices in the $30's. Maybe there's one near you.

M1EP for sure. Not only is it widely available but it is a premium Mobil product (better than vanilla M1) and very affordable in 5-quart jugs at WalMart... and after the annual Mobil rebates, the out of pocket price is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back