Opinion... on 2014 Ford Escape AWD SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering purchasing this vehicle. Would like opinions (pro and con)...of any who have this model. Asking price is $13,900, and it is high mileage 89,000.

My parents have a 2013 SE with 75K miles. They have the 2.0L engine.

Other than needing a few rear brake jobs, the only real issue they had was my mom shut something in the hatch and broke the handle.

Seems to be a real good vehicle AFAIC. Running 91 octane gas got them a pretty significant gas mileage - my mom went from ~23 to ~27 in her daily commute to and from work going from 87 to 91.

If your gonna get one in AWD, make SURE it's the 2.0 and not the 1.6. The latter of the two is a dog for performance unless it's paired with FWD. I sold them for a while when they first came out so I got to drive all different config's

Aside from that they seem reasonably reliable.

Oh and the IIRC non-gas cap tends to cause problems as the car ages. Doens't seem to seal and causes a check engine light. You can also do a retro-upgrade to the old style gas cap.

A friend had one as a company car. It had to be returned under the lemon law and had many issues. They replaced it with a 2015 and despite a couple minor things, it has been trouble free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back