Oops! I did it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have been plenty happy with my last Subaru purchase (2005 Outback), runs great, uses no oil, no mechanical surprises. I thought my car purchases were done for a while. Then, the oldest kids run into some financial problems and need a vehicle. So, we're donating the Odyssey to our oldest son's growing family, and I figured I was going to drive my 01 Forester again for a while (saving for a 2020 Ascent).

Then, while driving a route I rarely do, I come across this beauty below. It's literally one of the cleanest 12 year old Subarus I've seen, and other than the Eibach lowering springs (and no turbo again), it's perfect. EJ253, 4EAT, maintenance records and timing belt done, 145k miles. The place I'm buying it from even said they'll swap whatever springs I want on it for free (was the dealer's son's car). Carfax is spotless, only one teeeny tiny door ding on the rear driver's side, and most importantly, no rear wheelwell cancer like this era Subari are notorious for! So, I swung in, drove it, peed some blood from the 1.6" drop and spring rate that feels like 1200lbs/inch, rolled out of it onto the parking lot, and decided I had to give it a new home (what else would a self-respecting guy with a forum name like mine do here??
lol.gif
).

I'm hoping my sacrifices for my kids does not go unappreciated by the wife, as I plan to recoup this after the Ascent with my own shiny new WRX once it has the turbo 2.4. I'll post some pics up in a couple weeks after I get the right springs on it. I plan on driving this gently for a couple years and then gifting it to my son when it's time for him to drive. In the meantime, he will learn all of the maintenance and smaller repairs for his vehicle, because let's be honest, if you can do all your own maintenance on a 2000-2010 Subaru, there ain't nothin' you can't handle
lol.gif

left.PNG

right.PNG

rear.PNG

interior.PNG

engine.PNG

I would look it over with an extra fine tooth comb because...

(was the dealer's son's car). Carfax is spotless

That could be why. Get it fixed in-house and don't report anything.

Originally Posted by Dave9
That could be why. Get it fixed in-house and don't report anything.

I checked it over, magnet checks and all (and they don't have a body shop). They did admit to respraying the bottom of the nose fascia which was well done- it's WAY too close to the ground for any Subaru worth its AWD!

Originally Posted by dishdude
They even picked the oil for you, wrote it right on the t-belt cover!

It's OK dishdude... not everyone gets a shot at experiencing the pleasure of owning a Subaru. That's actually the AC compressor under the paint stick. It's all good.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Nice. Needs a wing and BBS wheels though.

Nice,
But the OP could keep it stealth... hmmm

It may get some silver BBS wheels because they are way lighter than most all Subaru factory wheels, or maybe a set of ROTA Gravels. As much as I love the blue/gold combo, I agree personally it's a hair too flashy for me. And the wing I may have been interested in when the car was new (and I was still under 30) but not now. It's rare to find an Impreza with no wing at all, and I kind of like it!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back