online tool for drilling templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you be hand drilling with a drill press or something? If it doesn't need to be CNC perfect, I would just draw it up in autocad and print it 1:1.

You could probably do the same for something simple like that in Powerpoint.

I would probably drill pilot holes in some kind of wood as the template, transfer to the objects, then drill it out to the right size there.

I would use some engineering paper with the little squares. The stuff I have has the bold lines every inch. Get a protractor and start drawing.

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
I would use some engineering paper with the little squares. The stuff I have has the bold lines every inch. Get a protractor and start drawing.

Off topic, but man do I feel old. Regarding engineering paper, just last week I visited our local university bookstore to buy some National Brand engineering paper and a knowledgeable store manager informed me they ceased production of it several years ago.

Ebay advertises it as "vintage" graph paper.
$_12.JPG

Bummer! As a jack-of-all-trades (master of none), I use this paper to lay out various projects often. My stash is now a collectors item.

With powerpoint, what i would do is draw a circle that is .75" diameter, then draw another circle that is 2.875" diameter with the same center point. To make it easier, I would make the circle have no fill, and make the lines black. Then I would draw two lines that intersect at 90 degrees right at the middle of the circles. Now you have the points that you need to drill.

Drill a hole in the middle for the larger bore, then drill a hole at the intersections of the line and the larger circle.

They key here is to print it at 1:1 scale. You can double check the printout with a ruler.

Powerpoint only goes down to the hundredth decimal, so it rounded 2.875 to 2.88.

217fia.jpg

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: SVTCobra

Off topic, but man do I feel old. Regarding engineering paper, just last week I visited our local university bookstore to buy some National Brand engineering paper and a knowledgeable store manager informed me they ceased production of it several years ago.

Ebay advertises it as "vintage" graph paper.
$_12.JPG

Bummer! As a jack-of-all-trades (master of none), I use this paper to lay out various projects often. My stash is now a collectors item.

I would try going to the engineering college. When I was in school that is where I got my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back