Online pharmacies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used an online or mail order pharmacy? If so are they reliable? Any problems or did anyone get ripped off? My doc has put me on a medicine that my insurance does not cover and it's expensive so I'm trying to find a way to get the best price.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Wife did it for self-pay meds and many I know do it for maintenance meds (high blood pressure etc) as arranged thru insurance and works flawlessly.

This isn't a 3rd world country, pay with cc from an outfit that lists its street address, pharmacist name etc and you're good to go.

If you're daring, see if you can get it from mexico or canada somehow. That's where the risk/rewards curve starts getting interesting. ("They" say, oh, those drugs aren't up to FDA purity, they might have gotten hot in shipment... etc)

Quote:
This isn't a 3rd world country

No, but we're getting there!
25.gif

John

Drugstore.com is at least legit. I've ordered form them before, and they're quick shippers and (usually) decently priced.

Before going mail order for self pay, get a price for the med from Costco or Sam's pharmacy. When I thought I was going to take a med that my insurance would not pay for, I priced on-line pharmacies (recognizable name, some track record) and Costco came out as cheap or cheaper.

A Consumer Reports analysis of brand name meds, not the inexpensive generics, showed Costco to be cheaper. I also think that many Costco locations allow for using the pharmacy even if you are not a member, as does costco.com.

For my insurance long term meds, we have been using Medco or the designated mail order pharmacy for over 20 yrs with no problems. Occasional communication issues have always been favorably resolved by phone or email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back