One more Oil Filter Study:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of conclusions about flow that are unsubstantiated. His conclusion is that if his engine sounds quieter, then the flow is good. Not illogical, but not proven, either. He believes that the Mobil1 filter is a good flowing one, something that has fallen into disfavor on this board. Sure wish we we could demonstrate this once and for all.

He also parrots advertising. Also not proven.

[ March 09, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: YZF150 ]

He is not the only non-company source that verifies that high efficiency filters like mobil1 work because of their depth that allows particles to caught throughout the depth of the media and not just on the media surface like conventional filters.

http://www.carjunky.com/news/motor_oil/mom7.shtml

I have not seen any believable test data that shows the flow through the mobil1 is lower than other filters. Actually, the only data I have seen is like this guy and the Austrian guy says that the flow is actually better than other filters even while filtering out more smaller particles. No wonder it costs more. $11 is peanuts for such a good filter especially when using synthetic changing at >7k intervals.

Using Amsoil's filter look-up I ordered some of the SDF-13's for my car once. When they arrived, they were so ludicrously small I sent them back. I assume this guy ordered them as they cross referenced with the correct filter, but I'm not sure why Amsoil has this filter cross-referencing to much bigger filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back