omstar D-1280X? fuel additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
did a search for omstar, nothing. So I guess this hasn't been discussed yet.

http://www.freefuelsaver.net/

cheesy site, #@$%! video, yadiadia, seems like the typical wannabe FP that promises everything and delivers next to nothing. probably is...

but I thought it would be worth bringing up a discussion on it. ask if anyone has used it...

They claim some pretty serious real-deal testing.... and I came up with what appears to be a semi-validating independent source of testing.
www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/omstar/omstar.pdf

Here's my thoughts, there could be, something out there, that is good, the problem is, everything gets marketed in such a way (regardless of how good it is) that triggers us to think "SCAM." Even great products like ARX and LC20 have websites filled with the typical bombardment of "testimonials" that we have associated with lousy 2AM infomercials.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure it's garbage. But I wanted to hear any opinions or ideas. maybe we could get the company to send a mediator our way and we could give em the bitog grilling, lol.
hornets_nest.gif

They babble about 'ester'. Either its an ester oil in a distillate carrier, or its just biodiesel.
It could work as UCL, cleaners, MPG improver.......but its overpriced. Being overpriced is common with fuel additives.

I haven't seen too many miracle fuel additives that work well enough to bother making an effort to dose with every tankfull. This also includes the stuff pushed on this forum.

i just bought 2 gallons of Redline 2 cycle racing oil, that i will be mixing with FP3000 and acetone as a fuel additive.

currently running FP60 (2.5oz) + acetone (4oz) + stabil (2oz) for every 13 gallons of 92 oct gas that goes in my car, and i have been very pleased with the combination.

my car is 13 years old and runs unusually well considering the way i drive it (hard!), and i attribute that to the additives i am using working in combination with some of the engine modifications that have been made. it runs nicer than most new cars do!

the new combo is gonna be 4oz acetone, 1.25oz FP3000, 2.25oz Redline, 1oz Stabil, so the fuel dilution percent will be the same, but it should be a slicker solution that provides at least the same amount of power, maybe more.

there sure are a lot of #@$%! additives out there, and omstar may be one of them, and it may not be. the thing that bugs me is that its listed as a cetane booster, which means its an octane reducer. that would cause the "easier starting, lower emissions" functionality of its features, at the cost of engine power! that is unacceptable to me, and it will not be on my roster for additive tests (unless its in a diesel engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back