Oldest unopened oil in your stash?

Ok i am new here. And please dont attack.. I had about 24 cans of oil in the old cardboard cans. Heavy weight multi vis for my old superduty firebird sd. 455 v8. I must have tossed out 12 cans of 10 w 40 old pennzoil as well.. so... did I throw away stuff that was valuable.. ??? Or stuff that was collectable??
When my mother passed away ten years ago I had to clean stuff up in hurry and i knew none of my vehicles or generators , tractors , lawn mowers could use that weight oil at a 40 year old spec.
I did save my oil push into the can spout opener thing. I used it a lot back in the day..

I have a 1qt bottle of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 SM that I was keeping around for top-ups that I never needed. I'd probably use it in my 3 in a pinch, but I haven't needed to top it up in the 4 years I've owned it.

I threw away a case or two of castrol and penzoil both from around 1978 when I had my formula 455 1974 firebird. It got tossed.

4 quarts of Joe Gibbs Racing BR oil. I think it is 20w50, about 10yo. I use it as top off transmission oil on vintage 2-stroke road motorcycles. It doesn’t have much detergent so there is very limited use to it.

Speaking of collectable, what happed to the SD 455?
Sold it many years ago to get something easier to get thru college. That was a bad decision. About the same time my mom sold my 67 gto 46 k miles while i was out of town. She signed my name on the title. Along with a couple grand of tools and a gold watch and ring from my grandfather. I was not happy.

I have some old AMSOIL AZO 0w-30 that I use in the outboard, was running it when we had the Expedition, so ~2012 vintage.

I thnk I have a couple of jugs of M1 5w30 and 0w20 that might be 2 years old. Not sure.
I have some Shell Rotella T 15w40 that might be 10, dunno.

1980s 5w30 mobil 1

Attachments

• AD332C9D-FA5F-4B19-860A-07AB0FAE28AA.jpeg
    AD332C9D-FA5F-4B19-860A-07AB0FAE28AA.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 14
A few years ago I still had some Amoco LDO 10w40 in cans I was using in ope. When I finally finished off my supply of Driven GP-1, it was all 2019/early 20 vintage. The redline oil I just finished up was 2017/18 vintage. I don't buy a lot of oil anymore.

Back