Older guy, recently signed up for Facebook, and pleasently surprised

I quit FB and Instagram. You don’t realize how much stress it causes until you ditch it.

Some people, especially young adults get depressed looking at other people’s fake , phony, fun and exciting FB life.....

Lots of fake glitter and glamorous life for all their friends, family, coworkers and MOST IMPORTANTLY...... their enemies to see.

🤔

What the heck? Is it even legal?
Boss makes it a job requirement. You do realize that "GON" can just create an anonymous account and do nothing personal on there ? You realize millions of companies have FB accounts with employees who interact with people and appear as the company's account, not their personal one ?

I like Facebook and use it mostly for Market place and for the groups that I frequent of subjects that I'm interested in, just like this website and forum. I also use it to stay connected to friends and family who don't live close to me.

Yes there is drama and BS on there too but I just scroll on past if it's something I don't want to read or see. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives.

You just have to be willing to filter out all the crud. People I know, and people I'm related to post the most unbelievable stuff about their lives, clearly with the intent to impress someone. It's actually good for a laugh, if you're willing to stay light about it. Some people can't keep their mouths shut when they see something that's clearly false, and that's where the stress enters the picture. You can't fix stupid, and knowing more than you say is a great tool for managing your presence on Facebook. I get a lot of positive stuff out of it, like re-connecting with people I was friends with as a child. I just talked to someone last night that I haven't spoken to since 1989. I was a groomsman in his wedding.

post the most unbelievable stuff about their lives, clearly with the intent to impress someone. It's actually good for a laugh, if you're willing to stay light about it.
I call those train wrecks, just watch them crash time after time with their self-made drama. As you say, it's always good for a laugh !

Your job requires it so be it. Myself, I never use it. I think there are too many narcissistic individuals on it who have nothing better to do than post pictures of themselves and telling the world what they are doing.

Some people, especially young adults get depressed looking at other people’s fake , phony, fun and exciting FB life.....

Lots of fake glitter and glamorous life for all their friends, family, coworkers and MOST IMPORTANTLY...... their enemies to see.

🤔
Guess that's why it typically called "Fakebook".

Back