Old Wheel Horse, B-80 model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought one with a rear discharge deck and a snow plow for $225. Has the cast iron kohler 8 hp engine and it starts, runs like a top. Going to use it to plow snow this winter. Anybody else have one of these little jewels?

My Dad had a bunch of old wheelhorses. He used to collect them. Just the older ones. I kept two of them when he died and played with them. They were fun. When I moved to Florida, I didnt have more use for them so I sold them. They were rugged simple machines. He had one similar to the one you are talking about. Does it have the hydrostitic transmission with the big shifter on the side?

That sure don't make them like that anymore. The gear drive transaxles are legendary on these, plus parts are still avail thru any Toro dealership.

100_9478.jpg

Joel

If there was ever a classic American garden tractor, that is it. I have always been a fan as this was all my Dad ever owned up to purchasing his JD in 2007. Had Toro not killed Wheel Horse, there would have been another one in his garage. You have an excellent machine, my friend.

Last edited:
Im a john deere fanatic, but i must admit in that era wheel horse and cubcadet were hard to beat

our next door neighbor had that exact same model when i was growing up.i remember how smooth and quiet that thing was,i could talk to him very easily when it was idling.he didnt even have to shut it off.i always wanted one since then,but just cant find one in the right price range.or it`s beat to [censored].

Thank you gentlemen, i just sold my John Deere 216 with all the attachments i had with it on e-bay for a pretty good price, and i think i'll keep this one around. It is sized just right for my needs. Mine looks like yours JTK, but not as pretty. I have found these old Wheel Horse' to be very good at plowing snow.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Mine looks like yours JTK, but not as pretty.

I wish that was mine! I borrowed that pic from another site. Why did you sell the JD?

Joel

Joel, i sold the John Deere because it was time for me to downsize considerably. I don't cut as much grass any more and the 48" deck was over kill for my yard. Garage space is at a premium for me also, and i had a chance to get a pretty good price out of it so i did it. It was a very nice 216.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back