Old RV gas mileage

Saw this RV on CL and am wondering what the gas mileage would be. Has a 440 Mopar. Back when it was new, the speed limit was 55 MPH and gas had no ethanol in it.
Wonder what it get today doing 70 MPH with todays E10 gasoline? I don't want to buy it, I'm just curious.
00k0k_lLiox4Y712nz_0eE0jw_1200x900.jpg

id say run away how much would it cost to put tires on that thing? The only way that would get 10 to 11 mpg is parked. my 2000 caddy Deville gets 9mpg . heavy foot. sorry i just reread and saw you weren't going to buy thank god.

I wonder if it would do 70? I mean, it might be a 440, but look at what it has to push? Then again, a 440 isn't that hard to hop up.

No experience but I'm in the camp that would be shocked if it could do double-digits.

Wouldn't an E10 "conversion" just be refreshing the rubber fuel lines and perhaps a carb replacement? I thought it was the residue left behind from evaporating off, and some damage to rubber bits, that was the problem. E10 has been around for a while, so I'd think any rehab on an older motor might benefit from a new carb or a proper at-home rebuild (using quality parts).

Anyhow. On youtube there's someone who LS-swapped a Winnebago. I think they pulled a 440? and swapped in a turbo 6.0 LS.

I used to have a Ramcharger with a 318 that got 8 mpg no matter what you did to it. For this vehicle, you’d be lucky to get half that.

I'm gonna say you'd be lucky to to get double digits....
the pics have me flashing back to the EARLY roadkill eps where they first built General Mayhem...with a 440 from a Motorhome.

My uncle got a single axle version of this and it was getting like 5 mpg, and not at 70 either... They sold it shortly and travelled around N.A. with a tdi Jetta and a A frame trailer getting near 30mpg for a few summers.

It will never see double digits unless the whole trip is downhill. The Ford 6.8L in a modern 26' RV gets about 9 avg, my Chevy 6.0 L Vortec gets 10.7 if I nurse it. That thing is a 7.3 L and probably has a very low rear end, my guess would be 6-7 mpg on 10% ethanol if your careful.

When I was working at a gas station around 1990, I asked a guy with a motor home smaller than that about his mileage. This was a more square-shaped one and it had a 440. He said either 5 or 7 mpg.

Back