Old CI-4plus and Ch-4 still good

So I was digging in my shop and found 2gal of CH-4 and 3gal of CI-4 Delvac 1300 oil. Obviously it's been sitting there a while, but not more then 7years I don't think. Is the additives and detergents still good? I'll be using it in my 2006 Duramax that doesn't see much use. I think I was mixing the older oils in with the newer stuff due to the changes in the CJ and Ck oils and well maybe it's been sitting too long now.
Thanks

Last edited:
I think egr engines need as least a ci4 grade oil. Ch4 oil is only good for pre egr engines. And most Diesel engines have egr after 2003 so are you sure the ch4 oil is not at least 17 years old already?

perfect for any old tractor or any ope! - mker is right - not ideal for modern egr stuff....as far as sitting for 7 years - would not think twice about it.

Thanks guys. I'll have to look at the label again I may have miss read the CH-4. Unless I some how found some new older stock somehow. I didnt switched from Delo400 to Delvac until 2009 IIRC.

I won't be sending the oil off to you Chis for disposal I think I can handle that. Thanks for the kind offer though.

Back