Ok, so maybe buying a shared car isn't a good idea either

And I used to only worry about buying rentals from a rental agency. I guess the old adage is true: there's nothing faster than a rented car.

[I didn't know there was a limit north of Tilton, who knew. I thought it was just like Bangor on I95...]

Link.

PLYMOUTH, N.H. —
A Connecticut man was arrested Wednesday after police said he drove 127 mph in a rented car.

Troopers said they initially clocked Benjamin Saxon traveling 101 mph on Interstate 93 in Tilton in December.

When a trooper pulled out behind him, he accelerated to 127 mph while trying to escape, police said, leading troopers on a chase through Sanbornton, Meredith, New Hampton and Plymouth.

“The vehicle traveled at excessive speeds, exhibited lane control issues and extinguished their lights while driving in attempts to evade police,” police wrote in a news release.

Eventually, a trooper was able to successfully deploy a tire-deflation device, police said. The car then got off I-93 and came to a stop on Tenney Mountain Highway in Plymouth. Police said no one was inside the vehicle when it was found.

Troopers said Saxon rented the car through the vehicle-sharing app Turo.

He faces charges including two counts of reckless conduct with a deadly weapon, unauthorized use of rental property, falsifying physical evidence, two counts of disobeying an officer, reckless operation and operating without lights.

And I used to only worry about buying rentals from a rental agency. I guess the old adage is true: there's nothing faster than a rented car.

[I didn't know there was a limit north of Tilton, who knew. I thought it was just like Bangor on I95...]

Link.
I live one exit north of Tilton from I-93. Even though my house is about 3 miles from the interstate, the road noise can be noticed when the weather is calm. Man! Some cars are flying from the sound of it.
Local tip, if traveling I-93 in New Hampshire, watch your speed between exit 23 and exit 26. Basically around Plymouth, NH. I don’t know why, but speed is heavily enforced in that area.

I know someone, who, going through hard times, has been ride-sharing his BMW…and it has been suggested that I could make money by ride sharing my Mercedes.

This kind of buffoonery is exactly what I pictured when I laughed at the suggestion…

I see homeowners online renting their tractors and other yard equipment out. I always thought it was strange.

I didn’t realize this was a thing with vehicles though.

I live one exit north of Tilton from I-93. Even though my house is about 3 miles from the interstate, the road noise can be noticed when the weather is calm. Man! Some cars are flying from the sound of it.
Local tip, if traveling I-93 in New Hampshire, watch your speed between exit 23 and exit 26. Basically around Plymouth, NH. I don’t know why, but speed is heavily enforced in that area.
Thanks for the tip, I don't go up there often (like once a decade, I usually take the side roads if I have to go to Tilton). Won't say I89 is a "free" zone but it sure can be at times. Now I93 from Concord down during rush hour... I think it just keeps getting faster until you get into MA, and even then it tends to just keep going faster.

[Down by Contoocook on I89 there was a notorious speed trap. We'd all slow down for it. Or I should say, the locals did. I got the story later on, after the guy retired. Apparently he'd only hand out tickets for 80+mph, anything less was a warning--mind you, I89 was and still is 65mph. Guy apparently was the lead trooper for writing out tickets for the state.]

Back