Oil Suggestion for 81 302 V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that state agencies seem to be out to mess with the guy just trying to play by the rules. Here in Texas we have to pay an additional $1000 in taxes per household for the number of illegals versus your state; they buy SS cards on the black market, then get drivers licenses, voter registration cards and the rest.

And part of that addtional "tax" is that fully 30% of Texas drivers have no auto insurance.

And then the black market again for emissions inspections. Thanks to George Bush, the drive to standardize emissions testing was shelved. One need only go by any chain auto parts store parking lot and look under the hoods of cars being worked on -- at the butchery evident -- and know that the current system doesn't work. The worst cars on the road are, nationwide, seven years or a little older being beaten to death by owners who couldn't give a *&#@, and those of us with old cars in relatively good shape are given a black eye by those who pull political/public opinion strings to further their own polluting agenda.

Back to the topic: I drove a '77 Impala 350-4V to 240,000 miles with a near-dead cylinder at purchase (112,000 miles), switched to better oil, (M1), kept the maintenance tight and still passed Fed emissions standards thru to the end. Driving in crappy areas, and in winter weather would help with the argument for MolaKules suggestions, IMO.

quote:

Originally posted by metroplex:
its not exempt at 25 years in NJ.

In order to get that exemption, it must be a collector's car or an antique. Regardless, the car must have special plates and in order to get insured you must have it in MINT and I mean totally restored condition
frown.gif

I use it as a winter beater and for driving in bad neighborhoods in the city. I just got it inspected today - emissions was really good but stupid stuff failed my car (license plate bulb, missing sidemarker from 20 years ago that i can't get a replacement for, and rear drum brakes need adjusting).

Sometimes I think NJ DMV is out to fuc* with honest Joe Sixpack and keep the criminals running free
mad.gif

A friend of mine in NJ just had his beater car inspected for emissions yesterday, and passed on all the emissions related stuff, but they failed him because he has tint covering his third brake light!! How stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back