Oil Stashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fairly new member to BITOG I've seen a lot of people talking about stashes. I've even gone to the photo section and seen some. I'm just wondering why you(anyone who has a stash) has a ridiculous amount of oil? There really isnt a need to keep more than 10 or so qts at a time. And another thing I don't get is why all the different kinds and viscosity's? I can see having a viscosity for each car but I just don't see the sense in having hundreds of dollars of oil sitting around? Also, most people here do extended OCI's to save money, well whats the point in saving money if you are just going to buy oil with the money you saved anyways? LOL. I'm truly just curious what posses you guys.

It's a disease... You too will catch it some day!
LOL.gif

welcome2.gif
to the crazy world that is BITOG!
thumbsup2.gif

I have a mini stash. They're all pretty much from good deals. I still have some Pennzoil Platinum from a bogo from Advance. $11 gallons of Rotella T. Two $10 rebate Synpower deals. A couple of Pep Boys oil and Pureone deals. I still have yet to find some really good ones like $0.50/qt Chevron or something.

I could not stop buying PP, Synpower for $0.99/qt or less after rebate, M1 for $2/qt on clearance shelf ... That why I got a stashes of more than 70 quarts.

Wait until you become paranoid of the latest API, ILSAC and ACEA specs not designed with your engine in mind...you will understand the stash mentality then MUHAHAHA!!!!!!

alot of us here do oil changes on more than 1 car per year, I do about 17 Oil changes per year on several cars. That's why I have about 300 qts of oil in 4 different viscosities on hand..

Originally Posted By: Ace_Protege
As a fairly new member to BITOG I've seen a lot of people talking about stashes. I've even gone to the photo section and seen some. I'm just wondering why you(anyone who has a stash) has a ridiculous amount of oil? There really isnt a need to keep more than 10 or so qts at a time. And another thing I don't get is why all the different kinds and viscosity's? I can see having a viscosity for each car but I just don't see the sense in having hundreds of dollars of oil sitting around? Also, most people here do extended OCI's to save money, well whats the point in saving money if you are just going to buy oil with the money you saved anyways? LOL. I'm truly just curious what posses you guys.

Have you seen this thread yet?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=948320#Post948320

This will show you how bad the disease is amongst the board!
LOL.gif

I don't even know anything about the specs. I just know the synthetic is better than conventional. My "stash" sonsists of 1 qt m1 and 5qts of syntec and a K&N filter

My Saturn used 1/2 quart in less then 200 miles on a trip to my parents the past few days. This car was my excuse, now I am addicted. Bought 5 quarts of Syntec and a Pure One filter today, knowing I have about 3 years of oil in the garage. I am going to keep my Saturn just so I can keep buying oil.
LOL.gif

I worked in a treatment center 5 years. Never been drunk or high. I was told I did not understand what the patients were going through in rehab. Guess if you have not been there you may never understand.....
11.gif

I went to Walmart to buy groceries tonight. I ended up with a jug of Pennzoil yb 20W50 in my cart :^)

If the new SN/GF-5 oils are more for a reduction in wear reducing additives like ZDDP you will see my stash grow tremendously!

I'm all about protection and longevity, not fuel economy/friction!

Anyone know the full extent of the doom to be unleashed?

Lol, you've insulted stashers and dino users in one thread. Care to make a jab about Mobil1, Marvel Mystery Oil, or Auto-RX?

LOL.gif

welcome2.gif

Just be careful with broad assumptions.
wink.gif

I use Mobil 1 and MMO so we are good there! lol
and pickled, why is the K&N like having a grenade in my stash? also, i didnt meant to insult anyone or anything like that. Its all in good fun.

its an oil filter. lol i got it on sale a few months ago when advance auto had 5 qts syntec and a k&n filter for $25.

Brian.. we can forgive a bit of BITOG noob naivete. It is a culture shock to find this little sect of oil cultists.

..but he did fail to see the "Abandon all hope all ye who enter here" sign on the way in ...so I 'spect he'll be stashing before you know it.

I think we need some image of someone getting oil poured on them as some initiation ceremony type thing.

Here's a lovely lady prepping the dunking station

barbara_med.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back