Oil recommendations for 2008 Honda Accord V6 3.5L

My Buick loved VIOC, just loved Valvoline. Stayed in grade 5w30 just not worth changing myself always had coupon and 15 mins time, Jiffy lube used some bulk shell junk

Just an update. Not sure if it’s the increase in viscosity or the amsoil flush that freed up my rings but im 1200 miles in and I’m barely 1/4 quart down. Been driving more conservative on the max life 5w30 change so far but had a couple high rpm highway runs and the level is holding up.

I’m thinking about staying with this oil and filter combo maybe just going with the tough guard instead of the extra guard. I want to go back to syn so I can maybe run 6-7k ocis from here on in if possible though. Does it make sense to go to switch to syn maxlife? Or I was thinking about trying out the super tech hm full syn. Any advice?
The 3.5 in that Honda loves 30 weights.....
I really preferred it in our odyssey.

The rings gum up very easily..... especially the front bank......

EPR.....cleans rings wonderfully well.

The olm is VERY optimistic....I did 5 k with ours....
Never burned a drop....we drive across country every summer....

No usage after a good 5k mile highway trip.

at the end of this OCI i would run some BG 109 EPR through it. have engine at operating temperature, add the can of EPR, run at 2000 rpm for 20 minutes then drop the oil hot. if maxlife blend is working for you, i doubt stepping up to the high mileage synthetic will hurt. i ran Valvoline high mileage synthetic oil in my truck for 160k miles. it would still be in there if it wasn’t transitioning to HPL.

also check/replace your PCV valve.

Hondas are the few I would feel confident in using a xxW-20, 5W-30 won’t hurt it either. Use any good 0W-20 or 5W-30. But IMO, you have been hit with the VCM oil consumption syndrome from coked rings.

Back