Oil Recommendation: Mercedes-Benz M119 DOHC V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BenzFan
Originally Posted By: Nyati
I use Mobil 1 0W-40 in my M119. Works for me.

Whoa, nice car Nyati! What sort of mileage does it have?

Has 57K original miles. Been in the family since new. All original except AMG wheels. Regrettably I'm going to have to sell it soon. Won't have the garage space much longer. New E-Class wagon on the way
cool.gif

Before this thread goes to sleep, what about oil filters? I use either Mann or Bosch, both OEM items, are there any other choices out there?

Originally Posted By: BenzFan
Before this thread goes to sleep, what about oil filters? I use either Mann or Bosch, both OEM items, are there any other choices out there?

I am not sure BOSCH is OEM item. OEM item for MB would be MAHLE, MANN, HENGST and FEBI.

I use the MB filter right from the dealer. The local dealership has some great parts guys, and they always throw in a new crush washer. It's about $10. For a once a year expense, I am happy to just go OEM. And the OEM fleece filter is a very high quality item. I use Mobil 1 0W40. I've published all the UOAs. They've all been great.

For an old Benz, use any A3/B3 rated oil - any of the Euro formulas will work. You can even get away with 5W-40/15W-40 oil like Delo, Rotella or Delvac. You also have an 8-9 quart sump.

Stick to Mann, Mahle or Hengst filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back