Oil prices up in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but the newest prices at CT seem to up about $3 a jug across the board on dino. I haven't compared other oils, but WM prices also seem to be up as well - though not as consistently, and the rollbacks are the same as before, at least for now (here its new PYB for $11.88 and Valvoline WB for $10.88).

-Spyder

WM had 5L of Valvoline dino for $9.98 last week. CT had 4L of Peak for about the same price. This weeks it's 4L for QS + a free QS filter for $14** (which for my car is not a bad deal)

I don't know about CT, I'll only buy there on a sale but WM was normal. Seems they had Pennzoil rolled back to blow out the SM product. PP & PYB were normal price again, $35.47 & $18.97 for the new 5L SN jugs. Everything else seemed the same. Never checked the 11.88 4.4L jugs, just assumed they would be SM.

All the PP is gone from my store but its sitting at $35, where as the Mobil1 is rolled back down to $29. The only thing cheap is VWB for $9.98

PP will be back. It temporary vanished here too, but its since reappeared in a new bottle. Old rolled back $19.88 price didn't reappear with it, unfortunately. Probably just as well right now, as I have enough oil stashed for the moment.

-Spyder

Oil prices at the CT went up here too. I bought 2 jugs of Mobil 1 5w-20,5L jugs at walmart for $29. I noticed that prices have not went up at walmart as well. I too try to avoid CT if at all possible. They seem to be more expensive then many places in my area. Even Napa has some better deals. I mean $52 for Edge at CT is a little insane.
shocked.gif

Last edited:
CT has the same deal here on the QS GB and QS filter for $14.25. I almost bit too: the filter good and is $7 by itself (at least here where selection sucks and filter prices are insane no matter what you buy), and QS GB is one of my preferred dino brands.

In the end I decided against it, as I have enough things I need from autopartsway to do an order big enough to get it up to the $75 number for free shipping. They carry Bosch Premium filters for $4 and change, and I'll throw 3 or 4 of those in which will tide me over on filters for awhile.

-Spyder

My legendary comrade StevieC just got me some more M1 0w30 at the good 'ol US prices!
grin.gif

MUCH cheaper than buying it here.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
My legendary comrade StevieC just got me some more M1 0w30 at the good 'ol US prices!
grin.gif

How many engines do you run that in?

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
grin.gif

How many engines do you run that in?

Just the Expedition ATM, but since it is difficult to get, I'm just amassing a large stash of it. Best oil in this truck BY FAR out of all the oils and grades I've tried. So I'm sticking with it.

Sticking with Petro-Canada for the Focus.

Originally Posted By: Spyder7
PP will be back.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the Canadian rebate start date on PU has been pushed back from October 15 to November 1. I suppose it doesn't make much sense to offer a rebate on a product that no one stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back