oil funnels worth the money?

this gets the job done- under $6- @ walmart- big enough so you can be sloppy
1602889198221.png

Kinda cool. Does it have an attachment so you can screw it to empty containers for filling back up with waste oil?

I have a pretty large funnel collection … some filter gasoline … one J slots on the 5.3L fill hole … big mouth oil and coolant funnels … some have tiny ends for FWD transmissions and so forth …
What I picked up today was a 16 ounce super syringe since I liked my 6 ounce versions so much …

Buy the 14 piece set. I paid a lot more for my set when they came out plus I have a lot of the Assenmacher funnels from before the Lisle one came out. It was all worth every penny

If you want them, go ahead and get them. It’s not like you have to finance them or anything (I hope).

But for me, unless I do dozens of oil changes a week, or a day, on different cars, that’s overkill for me. That one above with a wide bottom and the large opening is what I use. Fits just about everything from a Mini Cooper to a Ford Transit van.

My “luxury funnel splurge”, if there is such a thing, was the cooling system funnel to allow bleeding the cooling system (OEM Tools 87009). It worked great on my moms old 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 V8 when I replaced the water pump. Now THAT one I highly recommend, even if you only use it once or twice a year. 👍

I say no for me anyways. Looks like a pain to clean and store IMO.

The nicest funnel I have was a freebie from Hagerty car insurance at a car show. It works for just about everything and can be fully cleaned with a shop rag.

I have a few narrower funnels I had to buy for specific applications and they’re a pain to clean IMO. A lot of brake fluid is needed.

I have an assortment of funnels, however my go to funnel is an MMO bottle with the bottom cut off. It fits perfectly into my oil fill tubes and I can stand quart jugs in it and walk away while they drain. I made one for my E-150 which has about 6" of hose on itmaking it very easy to fill because of the way the fill tube is situated.

My oil funnel is from the free bin at a yard sale lol. I would not buy that set that’s just me go to Harbor Freight and get the 4 pack of funnels and use the biggest one that’s what I do for work they are like 99 cents.

I’ve looked at some of these from different brands, but I’ve always wondered if they could hold a 5qt jug upside down without a slight gust of wind toppling the jug over.

Back