oil funnels worth the money?

Of course I had to get my Udder right as I had finished all the oil changes in the house. Probably will have to do my truck soon so I am excited to finally try it.

Looking forward to your feedback! We are on amazon now as well but still working on the discounts to work for our friends at BITOG. Just an FYI for anybody looking....

Specialty funnels are only worth the money if you have a need for them and a clean place to store them. Right now I have a MotivX funnel for my Honda because no other funnel stays in place while pouring from a 5 qt jug. I use a 97¢ green coolant funnel from Walmart for my Cadillac because it has a wide neck that nicely stays put in the fill hole. But the most important item is a good place to store them. I clean all my funnels after use and then store them in a tall bucket (with lid) that originally contained 50 lb of pool chlorine...a few inches taller than a 5 gal bucket. I don't recommend dropping $125 on chlorine just for the bucket, but pool ownership has its perks! 😁

Honda:
Screenshot_20201019-203503_Chrome.jpg

Cadillac:
Screenshot_20201019-203953_Chrome.jpg

Bucket:
Screenshot_20201019-204505_Chrome.jpg

The thing with funnels, at least those intended to pour clean oil, is that they need to be cleaned out between uses. So bigger isnt better. Smaller, faster flowing is.

i use a short radiator funnel, which has the wider mouth, for 85% of my work. At $1 or $2, it’s well made, made in the USA, easier to clean because of the large mouth, and easy to store because of the size.

The pour I have the most trouble with is the GM 3.6. I don't think there's an adapter that would attach to that filler hole. A regular funnel works for the others.

I have a similar set and The Ford adapter works great for my 14 Mustang GT and my fiancee's 17 F150 with the 5.0. Before that I was having to use two funnels because of the angel of the filler hole and stuff in the way. It was a pain. I don't use most of the other adapters but I bought it with Amazon rewards points so it was basically free.

Specialty funnels are only worth the money if you have a need for them and a clean place to store them. Right now I have a MotivX funnel for my Honda because no other funnel stays in place while pouring from a 5 qt jug. I use a 97¢ green coolant funnel from Walmart for my Cadillac because it has a wide neck that nicely stays put in the fill hole. But the most important item is a good place to store them. I clean all my funnels after use and then store them in a tall bucket (with lid) that originally contained 50 lb of pool chlorine...a few inches taller than a 5 gal bucket. I don't recommend dropping $125 on chlorine just for the bucket, but pool ownership has its perks! 😁

Honda:
View attachment 32150
Own one of those blue/clear/black gems and love it. But if GM still put a neck extension on the valve cover … I might not.
It was one or the other so avoided the extra o ring and it fit two motors 😷

Are "disposable funnels" the paper ones? They take a lot of oil with them to the trash. If I lived in California I wouldn't want to have your convenience oil in my drinking water nor would I want to pay to have your convenience oil extracted from my drinking water.
SERIOUSLY: Where do you get off criticizing keeping oil out of the ground water? Disposable oil funnels? How lazy are you?

All these funnel sets do need a "clean bucket" to keep the pieces together as well as clean.

The only fitted funnel I've ever needed was an added piece of tubing to reach my transmission fill tube. NO SET has the slender assembly I made.

I suppose I should donn my flame suit before "Those who have the right to pollute" come after me.

ps It's CHEAPER and SMARTER to keep things clean in the first place.

1 gal milk jug fits perfectly in the oil fill of my 2012 Toyota Highlander. It even screws in like the filler cap. With the jug half cut, 1 qt and 5.1 qt containers fit inside to fill and drain. Free and priceless.

I rarely use a funnel so the cardboard disposable funnels are convenient for me. I don't ever change my own oil since I have a friend that has an auto repair shop and he does it for me.

Are "disposable funnels" the paper ones? They take a lot of oil with them to the trash. If I lived in California I wouldn't want to have your convenience oil in my drinking water nor would I want to pay to have your convenience oil extracted from my drinking water.
SERIOUSLY: Where do you get off criticizing keeping oil out of the ground water? Disposable oil funnels? How lazy are you?

All these funnel sets do need a "clean bucket" to keep the pieces together as well as clean.

The only fitted funnel I've ever needed was an added piece of tubing to reach my transmission fill tube. NO SET has the slender assembly I made.

I suppose I should donn my flame suit before "Those who have the right to pollute" come after me.

ps It's CHEAPER and SMARTER to keep things clean in the first place.

Back