oil for T-56

is anybody running amsoil "manual synchromesh transmission fluid" (mtfqt) in a t-56?

23699 in this T56. ;)
1652236658291.jpg

I have not but Amsoil ATF and Redline D4 are closer to the specified viscosity of about 7.2 cSt.
yes, i wonder how the trans will behave with the higher viscosity. surprisingly amsoil specifically recommends it.

These MTF's would be in the 7.0 to 7.6 cSt@100C versions (SAE Range of 70W75) (About the same viscosity as the original DexronIII/Merc)

1. Royal Purple's Synchromax
2. Ravenol MTF-2
3. Honda MTF
4. VW part number G052512A2
5. GM Manual Transmission and Transfer Case Fluid
6. BMW (Pentosin MTF 2) MTF-LT-1, 2 ,3
7. Tutelo (Petronus, Italy, Product Code 1402)
8. Pentosin Pro Gear 70W75 (Australia)
9.0 Pentosin FFL-4
10. Redline Power Steering Fluid
11. RAVENOL STF
12. Amsoil ATF
13. Redline D4

thank you.

i still wonder if anybody has experience with amsoil synchromesh (49.4/10.1/196) i the T56. it seems pretty thick at 40°c.

is anybody running amsoil "manual synchromesh transmission fluid" (mtfqt) in a t-56?

To properly answer the question one needs to know which vintage of T-56. The earlier ones come with cellulose lined (paper) blocking rings.
The later ones are carbon. And they can react quite differently to synthetic MTF's and some synthetic ATF's.

yes, pre 1999 (out of memory) units were reported to have problems with the cellulose binder. t56 in question is 2007 c6zo6.

i would hate to experience notchy shifting until the oil heats up (happens fast, but anyway). asked amsoil twice, but got no reply. i guess they recommend it and dont discuss it further.

yes, pre 1999 (out of memory) units were reported to have problems with the cellulose binder. t56 in question is 2007 c6zo6.

i would hate to experience notchy shifting until the oil heats up (happens fast, but anyway). asked amsoil twice, but got no reply. i guess they recommend it and dont discuss it further.
What exactly did you ask?

Not a direct answer to your question but I swapped my TR6060 over to RP synchromax to try to help a rough second gear engagement. It didn't really bother me but the Wife was complaining about it, so I swapped it out and didn't tell her that I had done it. She drove it one day and got home and said "Hey, you fixed the transmission in Shelby"

It shifts much more smoothly than before.

i asked them how come they specify a thicker fluid and if it would affect shifting.

yes, rpm recommends rp synchromesh. it has dex3 viscosity. im simply looking for more protection. maybe ill have a look at the tes-295 fluids.

you mean signature series? this is 7.6/37 viscosity. im simply looking for a heavier fluid (i came up with the notion that more protection is needed when you put twice the torque through the trans than what its rated for). thats why i mentioned tes-295/668.

pablo, i appreciate it. its a general question, but the one i would do first is a 07 c6zo6. if you talk to amsoil, could you ask why torque drive seems to be non-existent in europe (or where to get it)?

Back