Oil for high mileage cars?

After I poured the new M1 oil, I noticed that it was meant for high mileage cars/trucks. [Duh!] My Mountaineer only has 36000 miles on it. Do I need to change out the oil or can I run the current oil that's in it? TIA, Brian

BrianJ, I'm guessing that was 10w-30 Mobil 1 you used. Their maketing depertment calls it "multi-vehicle" formula now.Same oil,different slogan.Don't dump it out. Mark

Obviously Mobil's mind went before yours. [Wink] I don't know what possesed them to come up with that babble. This was a question asked in Ask Mobil-1 section of their website:
quote:
Mobil 1 0W-40 is named "European Car Formula." Will it be okay to use it in my 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX, which has a four-cylinder boxer-style intercooled turbo motor? Or, will there be a Japanese formula of Mobil 1 to follow?
[LOL!] I thought it was pretty funny when I saw that.

Jason, Folks make fun of Amsoils' advertising, but some of the Mobil stuff is also pretty lame ... [Wink] The high mileage formula was a rather transparent attempt to respond to Valvoline "Maxlife", which has apparently sold pretty well. Witness similar products from Castrol, Quaker State, etc that have recently shown up .... Ted

quote:
Originally posted by MolaKule: Let's see, is it the mind that's first to go?
[Off Topic!] I thought the mind was the 2nd thing to go. If I could only remember the 1st thing... [ December 13, 2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Greg Netzner ]