Oil filter recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approaching the first oil change on nmy new to me 2012 GMC 1500 CC 4.8L.

Aside from the AC Delco PF 48, what other oil filters do you recommend?

Are the ecore (PF48e) a good choice? Seems they have mixed reviews.

I wouldn't use an E-Core filter ever, they make OCOD's look like a premium filter.

The standard (non-ecore) AC Delco filters are quality. Motorcraft (I know, on a GM..) are pretty good filters too. Napa Gold and Silver (both Wix made, which are very good) are solid sub $5 filters too.

If you want extended OCI filters, hard to beat the Fram Ultra for the price. Good for up to 15k and found for around $8.

If you care about oil filter performance, and want the best, Fram Ultra is the way to go.
If you are in the camp that doesn't care, then use anything that fits your vehicle, it'll likely do adequately.

The From Ultra is on sale in Canadian Tire @ $9.99, normally $13.99. Will pick one up tomorrow. The dealer wants $13.99 for the PF48. Guessing the Fram zultra is a better buy, eh? I will be running synthetic.

Go for Fram from cr4pp.y tire or PM Walmart

08.gif

Until I'm comfortable using PureOne filters again, I'm using Wix/NAPA Gold filters and occasionally Fram Ultra filters. Both seem like very good filters, and their costs are reasonable for what you're getting.

Hello Will, Best of luck with your new vehicle. Just so you know the 1500 is the series number of your truck.
1500, 2500 and 3500 designate 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton, respectively.

The CC doesn't belong there..to the best of my knowledge. There could've been a California Carriage edition, I suppose.
4.8L equates to 4800 cc. A cc (cubic centimeter) equals a mL. And yes, the abbreviation for milliliter a small m and capital L.

No, I'm not a nerd. I love Canada. I like to spell things correctly.
WIX, NAPA Gold, Hastings, Motorcraft, Car Quest, Mobil1, PureOne and others could be part of your maintenance plan. Kira

CC stands for Crew Cab.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello Will, Best of luck with your new vehicle. Just so you know the 1500 is the series number of your truck.

The CC doesn't belong there..to the best of my knowledge. There could've been a California Carriage edition, I suppose.
4.8L equates to 4800 cc. A cc (cubic centimeter) equals a mL. And yes, the abbreviation for milliliter a small m and capital L.

WIX, NAPA Gold, Hastings, Motorcraft, Car Quest, Mobil1, PureOne and others could be part of your maintenance plan. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira

Thanks. CC = Crew Cab.

Wix/Napa Gold, Fram Ultra if you intend to milk every last mile from the engine.

Wix now has a synthetic media for more $$, look for 'XP' (extended performance) suffix on the model number. I suspect it flows easier than the already well-flowing standard WIX paper media, but efficiency is still stated as the same.

Unless somebody posts some test results, because WIX ain't saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back