Oil filter boo boo/question

My in-laws wanted my son to change the oil on their 2018 Ford Edge SEL AWD, 2.7. He is a neophyte and I helped him with it. He and the in-laws picked up the oil and filter. We drained the oil and after removing the filter, I noticed it was probably the wrong one. It was much shorter. The filter on it was a FL-500S. The Fram equivalent is a 10575. My son had picked up a 10060. The holes seemed to match up. We used it and there were no leaks. Wondering if I should change it out?

It should be fine, the fl500 is a lower bypass pressure I believe, the 10060 should be the same as the fl500 in bypass, while the 10575 is higher for GM applications, the 10060 should be fine, it's likely the size that gets put on them at quick lube places.

I will let you decide.

Fram says the 10575 is for the 3.5L not the 2.7L

That's a potent sleeper with the 2.7, teach him how to maintain it for them and maybe they'll give it to your son one day. I'd recommend transfer case fluid change next.

That's a potent sleeper with the 2.7, teach him how to maintain it for them and maybe they'll give it to your son one day. I'd recommend transfer case fluid change next.
Yeah, my father-in-law is pretty religious about changing oil. It was only recently that he started going past 3k oci’s. And yet, he’s not very good about having the other fluids changed. In fact, they gave my son their 2012 Nissan Rogue with 104k miles. The transmission is out of it . It was never serviced!!!

Yeah, my father-in-law is pretty religious about changing oil. It was only recently that he started going past 3k oci’s. And yet, he’s not very good about having the other fluids changed. In fact, they gave my son their 2012 Nissan Rogue with 104k miles. The transmission is out of it . It was never serviced!!!
I will bet over 50% of the vehicles out there with auto trans don't get the ATF changed by 104K.

The ATF used for factory fill by most manufacturers is high quality and in many cases synthetic.

Back