Oil Drain Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! This valve makes changing your oil SOooo easy, it completely eliminates the need for synthetic oil in your gas engine.

(Y'all know I'm jes kidding about the synth, eh?)
grin.gif

[ June 10, 2002, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: harry31 ]

I have the Fumoto with a nipple.The Fram looks good too(much cheaper-but don't make one for my 5.3l Vortec).

The nipple style allows a hose to be attached and I can drain the oil into virtually any container without losing a drop(stop and go!).Excellent to do oil analysis,too.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I also have several Fumotos installed. Great product. Delivers as stated on the web site, built like a tank and no problems to date. Great if you do oil analysis.

Generally its best to get the oil sample at the approximate middle of the sump, not at the drain. Thats how its done in industry and also good oil analysis places allow you to go down the tube to get a better sample.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Generally its best to get the oil sample at the approximate middle of the sump, not at the drain. Thats how its done in industry and also good oil analysis places allow you to go down the tube to get a better sample.

But...if you were to have a quick drain valve, you could get the oil flowing, wait about 45 seconds or so, take a sample, and then close it back up again. You'd lose a lot less oil this way, plus you'd get a good sample since the oil had been flowing for a little while.

[ June 11, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Also, going down the dipstick tube is not always feasible. I have one where the tube cannot be pushed down into the pan due to twists etc. Using a syphon/suction can many times be messier then a drain valve.

Just ordered one of those Fumoto valves. Hope it gets here quickly as I have less than 100 miles to go on last ARX treatment and the Mobil1 10w30 goes in. I kept forgeting to order it.
banghead.gif

I have 3 of them: '91 Explorer V6, '93 Toyota Camry V6, '02 Explorer V6.

I've only changed the oil on two of them so far but it having them is worth it in my opinion.

You guys are so lucky to have unexposed drain plugs!! On the 245Ti the valve just becomes a target and a low ground clearance point. The 855 it may work...and the Toy SR5 should be a good candidate, though...

I can't find a pic of this so-called nipple that is referred to on this web site. Can you guys explain what it is and the benefits? Looks like a nifty product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back