Oil choice for new to me 07 escape V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
So ima end up buying that 07 eacape from work this week. Has 109k on it and looks like its had most of its oil changes done as at my job. Under the oil fill cap is not clean but not slugged. Kinda in between. Could use a good cleaning. Has almost 2k on it since i last changed the oil and is almost 1Q Low. No oil leaks, trans fluid is brown with no burnt smell to it. Not sure if its low a quart or it wasnt filled up all the way last oil change. All i did was throw oil in it and close the hood. I either put 5.5Q or 6 in it. Dont remeber but i did use the FL500 instead of the FL820.

So when i buy it ima top off the oil with a Q of atf and run it for a few hundred miles then i need to choose what oil i want to use in it. Car will prob be short tripped and has a 6Q capacity. Its been using motorcraft syn blend 5w20 for a lot if its last oil changes. I was kinda thinking a fram ultra and maybe mobil1 0w30.

Motorcraft is what was used in designing that engine.

prob gonna end up just using our bulk motorcraft oil at work i can got it for abount $3 a quart. i can get 6Q of oil and a filter for about $21-$22 plus tax. getting a syn oil from walmart i was looking at $35+ for an oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back