Oil change time: Regal style

I'll keep it short and sweet: throw out a locally available oil for the next change on my Regal. 2.0 LHU engine, driven 50 miles a day at a comfortable 55-60 mph. It's going to start getting cold here soon, so something good down to the -20's that provides good low-temp flow would be great. The timing chains on the 2.0's need LOTS of lube. I'm planning on running 5k intervals, even though it might be a bit excessive.

I'm already planning on running a PF458G filter, I'll order one along with some wipers and other odds n' ends I need from RA.

PP 5w30 year round on my17 Regal GS 2.0, 5K is recommended for the 2.0 ;)
That, or PUP is what I was thinking! 5k is pretty much my standard, however I'm at 4k now and the OLM is still well above 70%...

If it’s like the ecotec 2.0 in my Saab 9-3, an A3 rated 0w-30 or 0w-40 woukd work well.

GF's LTG 2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2.0T has had almost exclusively Mobil 1 5W-30 full synthetic (even when Dexos 1 Gen1 called for synthetic blend) and has had no issues...10 plus years...she has low annual miles and follows the OLM in the car rarely getting much past 4K at 1 year...stock PF64 or UPF64 AC Delco filters...

Bill

Back