Oil Change and other items

Changed the oil on the Suburban yesterday. Had 2,760.9 miles (according to Trip B) on it. This past oil change was from when the oil pan/timing cover were off the motor and the 220k L59 Flex 5.3 received a new stock replacement Melling M295 oil pump, chain, gears, cam plate and covers resealed. Had gone in to fix a worn-out pickup tube O-Ring. Oil pressure after was phenomenal.

Out went a mix of Traveller 15W-40, Peak 10W-30 conventional, Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 and SuperTech 5W-30 synthetic. Little bit in this jug, that just, etc. Off came an ACDelco PF46E.

IN went 6qts of Valvoline 5W-30 conventional and an ACDelco PF61E. Oil pressure is 40-45 at hot idle, 55-60 cruising down the highway.

Also replaced a leaking power brake booster and exhaust from the Y-pipe back - hydroboost unit was leaking. About a year ago, the factory muffler was ratting. I replaced the Y-pipe back with an eBay stainless steel exhaust. The flange at the Y-pipe has never sealed right always creating an exhaust leak (ANNOYING!!!). And it can't be that high quality of stainless as it's already rusty. I got frustrated enough I just put on a junk Walker replacement intermediate pipe, "stainless steel" muffler and the tail pipe.

At least it is quiet now until it rots off in a year. Just wish you could get a decent stainless exhaust with factory volume/tone for a reasonable price.

Why would you want a stainless exhause on a vehicle with the milioeage on it?

Why would you want a stainless exhause on a vehicle with the milioeage on it?
Aluminized steel exhausts rot away in a few years.

This truck will probably be around another 10 years. Mileage is only a number especially in the world of GM full-size trucks.

Back