Oil and Moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

snatchface (cool name, btw...I guess ):

Yah i thought so too. It's been my user name everywhere for the past 6 years

[ May 02, 2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

No Moly in Delvac-1??That's a SLAP!Can I add some,should I?
Ron
cool.gif

Pontiac735

I believe Dino (short for dinosaur) because it is processed from "fossil Fuels"----Fossil=Dinosaur.

Synthetics arent made from traditional fossil fuels.

But I could be wrong
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ron:
Ron
cool.gif

#132 MOLY E.P. OIL TREATMENT
Should you?I can't help you there bud.
dunno.gif

The big-dawgs 'round here like this stuff in appropriate applications.

Mark

[ May 02, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

quote:

Originally posted by rugerman1:

quote:

Originally posted by Ron:
Ron
cool.gif

#132 MOLY E.P. OIL TREATMENT
Should you?I can't help you there bud.
dunno.gif

The big-dawgs 'round here like this stuff in appropriate applications.

Mark

I have a feeling that for oils with moly in them, moly is a good thing, and if it's not in an oil, it's not there for a reason. Said another way, if the engineers put it in there, they've tailored the overall additive package to take advantage of it being there, so adding it to an oil that doesn't have it may not be as good as if the package was tailored for it.

As MK has pointed out, there are certain formulations which would make the use of moly unnecessary. For example, if my theory about the German Syntec is correct and its base oil blend is mostly some of the more "exotic" esters, then it's not going to have moly in it. The VOA I'm planning to do on it will tell the tale.

It seems Mobil uses some moly ,but decidedly leaves it out of the more expensive and long lasting Delvac-1.They are not just being cheap about it, are they?Is moly not good for the long haul?
Ron
dunno.gif

Can't say why Mobil leaves moly out of Delvac 1. Schaeffer puts moly into just about everything except their ATF, and their #700 15W-40 diesel engine oil with moly has very good results...60,000+ miles per oil change in some trucks running under the best circumstances, and 1,200,000 miles between overhauls on some trucks.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back