Oil analysis Dual by-pass at 14,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted my oil analysis here:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001504#000004

Take a look if your interested. I'm interested in your comments. I'm running the same setup on the same truck as msparks.

I put the Dual by-pass on at 34,250, and changed both by-pass and full flow filter at 6 months. I did both because I wanted to change both in the fall, not in the spring. That set my schedule. This sample was taken at 48,576 with 14,326 miles on the setup. Analysis recommendations are: "No corrective action required. Oil is suitable for continued use. Resample at next regular interval." I expect to resample next spring, or maybe the following fall.

In April I drove 2000 miles to Florida and back, then after 100 miles around town I took a sample, changed the full flow, and added two quarts of new oil. Between the sample, new filter, and some loss of oil on the trip, and a short fill last fall it took two quarts to get to the full mark.

I had a little trouble with the petcock taking the sample, due to my lack of experience and/or common sense. I opened the petcock and let it drain for a while, then started to fill the bottle. There was not enoug oil comming out, so I closed it and started the engine.

When I opened the petcock again the air bust out under pressure and blew the oil out of the bottle, and all over my hand. Not only that, but I'm sure it cleaned the dirt out of the petcock and put it in my bottle. Then I filled the bottle with the engine running. I would much appreciate suggestions from those who have experience with this sampling method. At this point I know I have found one way not to take a sample from a petcock.

[ May 07, 2004, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: greencrew ]

quote:

Originally posted by greencrew:

When I opened the petcock again the air bust out under pressure and blew the oil out of the bottle, and all over my hand. Not only that, but I'm sure it cleaned the dirt out of the petcock and put it in my bottle. Then I filled the bottle with the engine running. I would much appreciate suggestions from those who have experience with this sampling method. At this point I know I have found one way not to take a sample from a petcock.

Hahaha, at least you didn't have the truck running. I did that on the first one I took it was a powerstoke and we crack that thing open. Big mistake!!!

pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

Hmmmm, the truck was still running. I thought the mistake I made was not do take it with the truck running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back