Oil Additives for GDI engines

Additive for GDI's....hmmmmm. Old oil out and add new oil. Good time for a filter too. Keep track of wear and dilution with and occasional UOA.
And don't look to squeeze every last mile out of the oil. Extending OCI's to get every bit of life out of the oil is not always the best or most cost effective thing to do.

Accept that a valve walnut blast may be a maintenance item now at some point and drive. Install MPI 🤣.

Last edited:
I prefer to CRC turbo and intake cleaner every 10-15k.
This is keeping our DI engines, one is a turbo, spotless.
Last year I put a boroscope with a light down the throttle body to confirm that it actually cleans.
If you do this, check 7 days after you use the CRC. It keeps cleaning after initial application.

It's cheap and easy. Also cleans the spark plugs and turbo exhaust impellers.

I just did one can of the CRC in my Ranger. At 4700 miles I'm coming up on oil change #2 and I intend to do a can every change. I think that if it is going to work, this is probably the only way that it will. Letting the buildup happen and then trying it once you're having symptoms is too late and time for the walnut blast. IMO of course.

I would think an occasional engine oil flush and combustion chamber cleaner would help to lessen carbon and sticking rings.

Accept that a valve walnut blast may be a maintenance item now at some point and drive. Install MPI 🤣.
How about a 100hp Nitrous shot and a cold start injector upstream for the extra fuel needed.

" ... but officer, I was just cleaning my intake valves!"

Back