OEM Lexus or Toyota Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Lexus and Toyota top level OEM battery the same? Are they made by same company? Where I live I can get a 24F Lexus for $102 but the Toyota Tru-Start cost $122. Say what? Yep, these hips don't lie.

If the batteries have raised vent caps and no handle it's probably an interstate battery. My local Interstate brings in Toyota Tru-start labeled batteries to the dealerships.

If your local yota/lexus carries the oddball Panasonic battery that would be another excellent choice.

Last edited:
So would I be wrong in assuming the lexus branded are better that the toyotas?

Originally Posted By: Gebo
So would I be wrong in assuming the lexus branded are better that the toyotas?

If you want an OEM labeled battery I'd go with the Lexus labeled battery since it's cheaper. If you are a bit picky compare the specs between the two batteries and on Interstate's website.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
If your local yota/lexus carries the oddball Panasonic battery that would be another excellent choice.

Those Panasonic batteries are a true POS, I would rather trust Interstate and replace it

Gebo go to Batteries Plus and get the Duracell gold battery 24F. 3 yr warranty free replacement. Made by East Penn manufacturing and it would be a very good replacement. Price may well be $114-124. But I strongly believe it would be a much better battery.

Lexus is in many cases a rebadged Toyota.

The Lexus dealer may just have better pricing. I'd want to investigate myself. If I could get a Panasonic battery at Lexus (because notionally more of eir cars have higher Japanese content), I'd try for it...

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy

Those Panasonic batteries are a true POS, I would rather trust Interstate and replace it

hmmm. That hasn't been my experience. I also like the design that you can see the water level without removing the caps. very nice

Interstate is battery marketer, not a battery manufacturer. They hire others to make their batteries, and if Johnson controls made an interstate sold in Maine, it is no guarantee Johnson controls made the interstate sold in Washington state.

The worst battery kept fully charged, will outlast the best battery chronically undercharged. Reports of longevity without knowing how well the battery was treated, are a highly unreliable yardstick.

Also even if manufacturing quality varies greatly amongst starting batteries, it also varies year to year, and a 5 year old battery with Sticker X applied that performed awesome, is likely not made by the same manufacturer anymore.

If you want a battery to last, fully charge it often and do not rely on the alternator/ vehicular charging system to top it up and keep it topped up. If one is really anal about battery life, protect it from engine heat too.

No idea.

I use an adjustable voltage power supply to achieve and hold the temperature compensated absorption voltage until I determine the battery is fully charged, which requires a hydrometer and or an Ammeter.

Any charging source which gets the battery close to fully charged is better than no external charging source applied.

Which charger is best for this? no idea

Well that makes sense in a way... Not helpful at all. But makes sense in a way too. Have to break out a calculator and go from there.

Originally Posted By: E150GT

hmmm. That hasn't been my experience. I also like the design that you can see the water level without removing the caps. very nice

Not my experience either but it does not matter as any brand is gonna have somebody it let down. I agree that being able to see the water/electrolyte levels in the semi-translucent Panasonic battery cases helped with maintenance of the battery. I got close to 10 years of use out of a Toyota truck I had years back because I was able to keep up on the levels.

As to finding a new Panasonic made battery for retail sale in the USA, good luck with that. I have never seen or heard of them being sold in the USA and only seem to have come in as already installed OEM batteries on Asian import vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: E150GT

Not my experience either but it does not matter as any brand is gonna have somebody it let down. I agree that being able to see the water/electrolyte levels in the semi-translucent Panasonic battery cases helped with maintenance of the battery. I got close to 10 years of use out of a Toyota truck I had years back because I was able to keep up on the levels.

As to finding a new Panasonic made battery for retail sale in the USA, good luck with that. I have never seen or heard of them being sold in the USA and only seem to have come in as already installed OEM batteries on Asian import vehicles.

I will have to second that, My '07 Tundra had the factory Panasonic battery in it when I sold it in 2015.

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
I will have to second that, My '07 Tundra had the factory Panasonic battery in it when I sold it in 2015.

The OEM Panasonic battery in my ECHO lasted nearly 12 years before I had to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back