Odd problem - Recover old photos from Itunes backups

Hey folks:

I've had an iphone for a long time and have a ton of photos. I was just doing some backups and realized I am missing about 2 years worth of my early iphone photos. (Just iphone photos it appears - which is odd, because they should all be downloaded into Windows).

I have the old drives - so it looks like somewhere along the way, I missed copying over a directory.

In case I cannot find the directory, does anyone have a suggestion for an itunes backup extractor?

I don't want to do a full restore a 10 year old backup - and I can't even remember when Itunes started backing up photos for that matter. Youtube is surprisingly unhelpful.

Anyone have a suggestion for a utility that might be able to help paw through old itunes backups? Maybe a good photo organizer too?

Thanks!

I think on a Mac you can piece through the backups. Ive pulled photos out of imessage text messages that way before.

Otherwise not sure. Probably more of a challenge since you’re running windows.

IIRC phone backups have always had photos included.

Hey folks:

I've had an iphone for a long time and have a ton of photos. I was just doing some backups and realized I am missing about 2 years worth of my early iphone photos. (Just iphone photos it appears - which is odd, because they should all be downloaded into Windows).

I have the old drives - so it looks like somewhere along the way, I missed copying over a directory.

In case I cannot find the directory, does anyone have a suggestion for an itunes backup extractor?

I don't want to do a full restore a 10 year old backup - and I can't even remember when Itunes started backing up photos for that matter. Youtube is surprisingly unhelpful.

Anyone have a suggestion for a utility that might be able to help paw through old itunes backups? Maybe a good photo organizer too?

Thanks!
Did you log into iCloud and check the Pictures store there?

I did.

I was able to recover the photos from an old harddrive and get the backed up. (These photos were taken before ICloud - so they are not kept there). I may have to find a way to "force" them over.

The PC integration with ICloud is confusing for me. I'm not sure clear how to use the different directories (or what they do).

Back