OCI recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a recommendation from you guys on the OCI for my car. Car info .. '07 Focus, 2.0L with AT, current mileage 131,000. I've been using Mobil 1 5-20 (Ford's recommended weight) and a Wix filter. I've been doing 6000 mile OCI's. About 75% of my driving is in town and the rest is highway. So, the question .. is my OCI OK or would you recommend something else?

What you are doing is just fine. I would maybe consider extending the OCI's to 7500 or by the Oil Life Monitor. Mobil 1 is a good oil.

Originally Posted By: otis24
What you are doing is just fine. I would maybe consider extending the OCI's to 7500 or by the Oil Life Monitor. Mobil 1 is a good oil.

I concur! What ur doing is perfectly fine! If u want to switch up to better cleaning synthetic go to PP 5w20 ...or just stick with ur current set up which is perfectly fine. Ford makes good motors that can easily go 200k mis when well maintained.

Originally Posted By: FordTrucks71
If u want to switch up to better cleaning synthetic go to PP 5w20

I doubt PP is really a better "cleaning synthetic". My experience with M1 would indicate that you can't get much cleaner than what it leaves changed at sane intervals.

I agree with the consensus that you have no need to change anything. I would probably just go 6 months and 6 to 7.5K (which Mobil 1 5w20 is perfectly capable of doing).
For what it's worth, I recently saw a 2006 Focus for sale with 330K so those motors are good ones....

Guys, thanks for the recommendations. Looks like I'll leave things as they are but maybe extend the OCI to 6.5k - 7k.

I do about the same town to hwy mileage as you in my 07 Focus. I use M1 0-20 for 10K OCIs and my engine remains like new clean through the oil fill hole. 10K for me runs about every 8-9 months. I have to LOL about the PP cleaning better than M1, but it is a good oil.

Last edited:
PP cleans better in the ads, but I doubt that it's any better than M1 in an engine.
I've used plenty of both and I'd have a hard time choosing between the two.
The OP can use either with confidence for probably well beyond 7500 miles.
A six year old car with 131K doesn't spend much time sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back