NuWell-100 Pelletized Well Cleaner

I have a 150ft deep well with the pump set at 135ft. Monodrive constant pressure. The casing is metal. 6in diameter. I'm not positive it's drilled into rock. Assume so based on all the exposed granite throughout the neighborhood. Unlike my neighbors who appear to have an endless amount of water with irrigation systems running for hours at a time on both sides of me, my well is suffering from recovery problems that get worse every year. My neighbor's well that is approximately 200 feet away I estimate 15gpm based on his sprinkler usage. Same for the Neighbor on the other side of me. So I know there's water below. Sadly, my well recovers at maybe 1.5gpm.

When my well starts to get low I get black chunks of manganese or iron in the lines, the toilet, screens of appliances. So I'm assuming this is building up down inside the well and maybe the water inlets in the casing are getting clogged. I've been reading about ways to remove the buildup of sediment in and around the well. I asked the local well guy about hydrofracking or fracking he said he can't do it, too shallow. No one seems to want to do anything but drill another well. So before doing something like that I'm wondering if some type of cleaner will work.

Has anyone used NuWell-100 Pelletized Well Cleaner?

https://www.shop-esp.com/NuWell100.aspx

https://youtu.be/4FZhWkQ9UG8

I wonder how deep your neighbors wells are. Aquifers are unpredictable. All dug at the same time by the same outfit? Just curious.

I think the neighbors wells are deeper, and they are sucking your well dry. The level may be dropping from their use, and yours is not deep enough.

So I ended up going with NuWell 110 which is the granular version of the acid blended with NuWell 310 which is an enhancer for the biomass. It "works"! Works is defined as 50% more GPM. No need to dig another well . The well wasn't dead the screens were clogged with manganese and other scale which was removed by this product. How much was removed I don't know but it's so much better. I also found out along the way that regular laundry bleach works really good on my particular problem manganese. So now that I've spent $1,000 on two NuWell treatments I can probably just use two gallons of bleach every few months to keep the problem at bay.

Back