Nut Drivers Set

Proto makes all three common ones: 7/32, 9/32,/11/32. For smaller 32nds look at "hobby sae nut drivers". An all inclusive set seems unobtanium.

Would a 1/4" drive spinner handle with sockets work? Pretty good reach with deep socket. Goofy ones available too.
1711901353837.jpeg
1711901651702.jpeg

Last edited:
To me the most important feature of any nut driver is a long hollow shank. I have a few name brands that have no or too short of a recess for the threads on long fasteners.

For the most part working on my boat's VP engine I prefer a nut driver to loosen SS hose clamps. I like a nut driver over a screw driver. So it may just be two sizes I will use most of the time. For small and larger hose clamps. And I prefer a nut driver rather than a 1/4" socket. Sockets pop off and land in hard to get to bilge. A 30 second getting a hose clamp off task endsup taking 30 minutes fishing for the socket with hands, magnet, bent clothes hanger. Often I cannot see, only feel.

When ever I need just a few and not a whole set of tools, I consider McMaster. It's not HF pricing but blah, blah....

Most of the hose clamps I’ve been around are usually 1/4” or 5/16”. I’d go to HF and get just those 2. Even with other work I’ve done, those are by far the most used sizes on electrical or HVAC equipment.

For the most part working on my boat's VP engine I prefer a nut driver to loosen SS hose clamps. I like a nut driver over a screw driver. So it may just be two sizes I will use most of the time. For small and larger hose clamps. And I prefer a nut driver rather than a 1/4" socket. Sockets pop off and land in hard to get to bilge. A 30 second getting a hose clamp off task endsup taking 30 minutes fishing for the socket with hands, magnet, bent clothes hanger. Often I cannot see, only feel.
Totally agree with the losing the socket vs using the nut driver.My old Freightliner had a really small bolt and nut going thru the wiper blade.Standing on a tire,flash lite in your mouth,little screw driver'wedgy type',I don't need to have to look for no darn socket!!!!! I also drilled a small hole and added a piece of string with a knot to try and grab!!!!L.O.L

I don't use nut drivers much at all but I keep a set of SAE and METRIC on hand for the rare time I need them. I just bought an inexpensive set from Duralast and they are decent quality.

I found a set of SAE and Metric made in the USA Craftsman nut drivers at a flea market last year for cheap. I use them occasionally, especially the 8mm one for use on worm style hose clamps.

Back