November 1st AMSOIL price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say, but it looks like we will be having a slight price increase first of November. Both in Canada and the U.S. this time.
Anyone wanting product better contact us AMSOIL guys before the first.

I think Amsoil spoke too soon on this one. Right after the announcement some weeks ago - crude oil and NG prices went down. The suck thing is HQ won't remember this increase next crude uptick, they'll just jack the dealers again.....if you know what I mean. To be honest - are you finally getting my drift why I don't push TSO?

A couple of years ago I talked to Dean and he said it takes about 90 days from when they decide to make a change to when it happens. Printing new price lists etc.
They now have said that the XL line will stay the same price.

Seems like ams is always raising there prices.
mad.gif

We never like to see Anything raise in price, but as long as they Don't cut corners in the Product...keeping the Best additives that are avaliable....I am still game.

However, the 5 price increases recently are counter productive for the folks that sell the product. I wonder how much of the price increase goes to revamping all the price lists, updating data bases, and what ever else is needed to ready the increase...........CRAZY
crackmeup.gif

Wow, i've been on this site for years and I did not know TS was an amsoil guy. Anyway, I'm with LCMx2, as long as corners are not cut, I'm still buying...

Quote:

Seems like ams is always raising there prices.
mad.gif

If you look at inflation, the price of a lot of things has gone up 200-400% (like milk and bread) Amsoil has barely increased 50% since the 1970's.

It's still a bargin if you want my opinion.

I would guess that the lower cost synthetics like the Havoline/Motorcraft oils will benefit from all the price increases. I'd like to see sales figures. If Amsoil customers buy into the idea of extended drains, they will get their money's worth out of it.

I buy Amsoil because they make excellent products. Spending an extra $10 per year is a little insurance in my book.

One example is when radiator went dry, drove 10 miles on an incline with no damage or heat problem. Should something happen...it's that little insurance that is worth the price to pay. Just my .02 cent!
smile.gif

I think if they want to increase their price, it's OK. I think there are acceptable alternatives if somone doesn't want to pay the increased price.

Here in Canada we have had price decreases.
This time around it is going up just a tad.
As for the Shell, Petro Can, they have been going up almost evey month.
Heck the Petro Can 0W40 is more money than our 15W40 AME.

Amsoil retail prices are definitely high compared to other synthetics out there. It's hard to compete with Mobil 1 and Wal-Mart.

Best way to save some $$$ on Amsoil products is to become a Preferred Customer or Dealer. That way you can get Amsoil products at wholesale prices.

( And being an Amsoil dealer is a great tax write-off, too.
smile.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back