noticed something on my rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I just bought some wagner rotors for my truck. I took them out of their boxes to look them over and noticed the vent on the two rotors are different widths. The odd part is everything else is identical even the part numbers on the boxes is this something that should concern me or should i just put them on and forget it. BTW: one rotor the vent width is about a half inch the other is like a third of an inch.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Get same the looking parts. I wore 2 different socks to work once and EVERYBODY notice and laughed ...

aside from the aesthetics argument, I'd be seriously worried about different expansion/contraction properties of the differently sized rotors and their effects on the car's hot braking safety.

PS:
lol.gif
you wore two different colored socks!

Where were they made?

Buy a third one and pick the two that most closely match!

update I called rock auto and asked them and they called wagner who said it was fine the narrower one i noticed while i was on the phone had more fins so I think I will be ok. btw i never match socks. lol

I wondered about the rotors mismatch thing to. One of my rotors shattered when I was trying to pull a siezed one off with a puller.

One is a cheap autozone blank the other an EBC non-slotted. Same EBC green stuff pads on both sides. Doesn't pull to either side when braking.

Get two matched ones.
Get the thicker ones, the ones with more metal.

This thinking is for down the road - you could slap them on and they'll work, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back