Not your average Fram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: UncleRunkle
wow, this fell down the list pretty quickly, does anybody have a guess as to who might have manufactured this for FRAM? I'm fairly certain this isn't a Honeywell product.
It looks similar to the Fram Extended guard filter for longer oil change intervals.

w01331628006aft.jpg

Roughly $11.57
wink.gif

Last edited:
Here in Canada, Fram use to make the filters for Canadian Tire, they were rebranded as Motomaster but had all the heavy duty top of the line cardboard and plastic construction Fram is famous for. They have since switched to Chinese filters of better construction that sounds similar to that fancy fram TS has.

Some pics of one in this thread http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1531285&page=1

Last edited:
AFAIK, Fram UK has always been the OEM supplier for Jaguar.

Every EBC9658 I bought was a UK Fram; I'm pretty sure the EAZ 1354 I put on my Xj8 over the weekend was a UK Fram.

That UK PH5618 pictured lacks the green/white paint job, Leaper logo, and some of the other Jaguar trade dress, but looks to be an EAZ1354 otherwise.

Just make sure you are getting UK sourced Fram filters for your Jaguar, and you'll be fine, or just get them from the dealer or an online parts supplier. Even from a dealer they are only $10-15 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back