Not so happy with Lincoln.

I think 2024 is the last year for the edge, maybe moving the tooling to china and and continuing to produce the Lincoln version for foreign consumption makes sense.

There are capacity issues with some popular models, and using US production capacity for a low volume model that sells better elsewhere doesn't make sense. I can't even remember the last time i saw a Nautilus on the road...

You obviously haven't heard of the Chicken Tax or the HTS.

US looks to have 2% overall tariff rate.
Germany - 1.48%
France - 1.48%
Austria - 1.48%
China has a 7.3% overall tariff.
Japan - 4.3%
India - 13.8%
South Korea - 10%
Malaysia - 7.4%
Taiwan - 6.34%

It’s a rather clear picture why the goods flow the way the do.

I´m focusing into the silliness that is the 2024 Lincolin Natilus.

The current model is 60k+for an ¨American Luxury Brand¨ vehicle, who´s parts are sourced all over North America and assembled at OakVille, Canada. With some export to Asia.

Now the 2024 model will be all built in China, shipped over here. A high end American Luxury Brand being made in China. Something is not right paying for high quality, premo, and have it assembled overseas for pennies on the dollar..

It is crass.
Are you interested actually I purchasing it or just whining about things out of your/our control?

Those unemployed? ...Can flip burgers. We are a service oriented economy.
Let's not get this thread locked. But fundamentally, if you are no longer good (or competitive) at something, it is time to change. Change is the only constant in life...

Well that would be fine if all the global players played by the same rules. Problem is they do not. Only US allows for such free outsourcing and doesn’t penalize importing. Other countries are much more protective of their manufacturing base.
At some point you have to cut your losses and realize that a small group of influencers cannot solve all of society's problems. Just have to focus on how to satisfy your client base and the other variables that are within your control.

Most of the sales are in China. Ford will pay less tarrifs by manufacturing in China versus importing from US into China.

Thats why the US tariffs were not able to keep the manufacturing in the US.

The US sales are too low for it to matter.

Most buyers won’t care or even notice. Most probably think their iPhones are made in California.
But there is a cell phone manufacturer that assembles and their phone and develops software in California.

Back