Nostalgia time - computer games from your youth

Spent a lot of time playing Intellivision. Pretty amazing how far things have progressed.
1. Advanced dungeons and dragons
2. B-17 Bomber

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
I have a Sir-Tech supplied engraved spoon with the Wizardry logo on it; when they came to speak @ our Apple users meeting I was the only person who knew
that the Wizard Werdna was "Andrew" backwards.

The manual had cartoonish, but memorable, illustrations.

That game set the ongoing standard for RPG's first person crawl and combat.

Most modern stuff is just a fancier version of this, but the overall play remains the same.

It was an entire summer and fall afternoon and weekend nights beating that game.

We'd ride dirt bikes all day long and play games at night vs play games 16x7 like some kids today.

Spent a lot of time playing Intellivision. Pretty amazing how far things have progressed.
1. Advanced dungeons and dragons
2. B-17 Bomber

This platform was fantastic compared to the ubiquitous cheap atari.

I had the voice module and b17 bomber as well.

Driver (PC) '99:

Many hours were played on a Win98/ME PC. Could never beat the Parking Garage Level which was Level 0 in order to start the story mode missions. Mostly played free roaming mode.

Yep and it still runs on Windows 11 x64 with modern hardware. After decades I finally beat the Parking Garage level and completed the story mode which unlocked more maps, cars, and cheats.

2023-03-05.png

At one point I had quite a collection of platforms

Farchild channel F - the first cartridge game
Atari 2600
Atari 400 computer (far diff from try 2600)
Intellivision
Colecovision
Vectrex

in the early 70's the sit down (remember those) Pizza Hut had a tabletop Pong Game. Made the wait for the Pizza shorter. Plus it was within walking distance.

I don't think I could name all the games I feel nostalgia for, am currently playing, or are languishing in my backlog.

I started gaming on the NES and have had every major console since.

When I was a kid we didn't have these games. we were lucky if we had a TV let alone a computer. Today I can remember all of the games that I play on my tablet to maintain mental sharpness and stave off dementia. They must be working because I remember my wife and kids' names most of the time.

For my Commodore, I think I had Westward Ho!, Kung-Fu Master, California Games, and like some Olympic game. Now if you're not pulling 90fps at 1440p, you may as well be playing a C64.

It was like 1997 & we had a computer. I got a Game Disc for the PC called "Mech Warriors". I had a joystick that could hook up to the computer. You just go around and shoot everything & you're some kind of futuristic mechanical creature. It was awesome for a 12 year old me. Of course we had an early 90's Nintendo & played super mario brothers non stop.

s-l640.jpg

Back