Norwalk

Nice to have both NHRA and NASCAR on FOX and NBC...regular channels....

1656360862095.jpeg

1656360875941.jpeg

We went to the Night Under Fire last year.
What a train wreck.
Jet truck failed at the start line so no burning down the sign.
Power cut to the east stands and pits multiple times during the event.
Finally at about 930 power outage resulted in everybody leaving because it was getting dark.
So they panicked and started the fireworks show early.
So the crowd got showered with fireworks bitlets on the walk to the car.

I'm sure they were trying hard but it was like rank amateurs were running the place.
The only redeeming value of the whole day was that I got my giant $1 ice cream they sell.

I just wish that Pro Stock was not so one sided in make of car...Seems like all 16 are always a Camaro...

What a weekend for the HPL cars. I have a piston from Erica's car when she won Indy last year.

It's not Pro Stock's fault on the Camaro dominance. Ford and Mopar both backed out of Pro Stock. The few still running Ford and Mopar bodies are either running DRCE (Chevy) blocks or carving their own R&D path.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a train wreck.
Finally at about 930 power outage resulted in everybody leaving because it was getting dark.

I'm sure they were trying hard but it was like rank amateurs were running the place.
The only redeeming value of the whole day was that I got my giant $1 ice cream they sell.
If you're willing, I suggest to try another. That sounds like a huge anomaly for a Norwalk show.

Usually, a Norwalk show is going to be one of the best at any track, but &*&* happens.

What a train wreck.

If you're willing, I suggest to try another. That sounds like a huge anomaly for a Norwalk show.

Usually, a Norwalk show is going to be one of the best at any track, but &*&* happens.
No can do this year. We will be traveling during the time of this year's show.

That said, ~$150 (3 tix at $48 each) is too steep a price for me to pay just to find out if it's a second year of disappointment.

That said, ~$150 (3 tix at $48 each) is too steep a price for me to pay just to find out if it's a second year of disappointment.
Understand your perspective completely. It's unfortunate that was your first experience.

Understand your perspective completely. It's unfortunate that was your first experience.
That's just it.
It wasn't my first experience.
We've been several times in the past and it was top notch.
That's why last years show was so disappointing.
Maybe they're having trouble staffing the event but thats pure speculation on my part.

Back