Normal valve stems in a TPMS wheel?

Older Honda's use actual sensors in the tires. My 2010 Civic and 2012 Odyssey have sensors.
I wonder when they changed that? We have owned 4 Honda Accords from 1997 thru 2018 and none had them. We have a 2009 + a 2018 these days without the sensors. I am glad I missed them. Sounds like a pain in rear for consumers for no reason.

My 07 CR-V had sensors in each wheel and they all went bad so I just checked with a manual gauge every so often

My 07 CR-V had sensors in each wheel and they all went bad so I just checked with a manual gauge every so often
My daughter's '08 CRV has sensors and when one went bad it messes with the traction control system. It also makes it so you can't turn it OFF. If for some reason you were stuck and wanted to spin the tires some as we all know helps to clear snow/mud, you can't.

I have '08 CRV with sensors (but no view from inside for pressures). '17 Accord with no sensors, rubber valve stems, uses wheel speed. '19 Pilot with sensors that you can see pressures from the dash by hitting maintenance screen. I have factory Honda rims from a Ridgeline with snow tires that came with factory sensors and it needed nothing. It saw them and they worked right away. no programming needed.

The CRV needs to tool to plug in to relearn spring and fall.

The 07 Accord did not have them. They started in 08....My 2021 Honda HRV does NOT have them...It has the good old rubber valve stem...

The 07 Accord did not have them. They started in 08....My 2021 Honda HRV does NOT have them...It has the good old rubber valve stem...
I totally hate the idea of those sensors. I don't know how on earth (I am gonna jinx it) my 2009 TPMS is still working fine without ever changing one single sensor yet? I have replaced many sets of tires since new. Just another "mandated" thing the governement forced onto manufacturers that placed another pain in the rear - costly charge onto us. Sheep / cows / consumers..... Nothing we can but endure that kind of stuff. Think about it. Who wins?

Reactions: hrv
Just saying that aluminium stems aren't a guarantee of tpms sensors, and rubber stems aren't a guarantee of absence of sensors.

My 1992 alfa 155 had aluminium stems, but no tpms in those days. Hyundai Tucson for example has rubber stems with sensors on them.

Just saying that aluminium stems aren't a guarantee of tpms sensors, and rubber stems aren't a guarantee of absence of sensors.

My 1992 alfa 155 had aluminium stems, but no tpms in those days. Hyundai Tucson for example has rubber stems with sensors on them.
True but in the Honda case it is...

My winter sets on both my Fusion and Escape have no TPMS sensors. And my all season set in the Fusion, at least one of the original sensors has died and I have no desire to replace it.

Right now I just drive around with the dash light on, at some point I may just disable TPMS with Forscan (in Canada it's not a mandated feature so no issue disabling it).

Back