"Non-Synthetic" Castrol Dextron III AFT in T-56

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
ATF's and Gear lubes are for automatic transmissions and differentials and are not optimized for synchros.

Try the MTFGlide which was designed to replace ATF's in trannys with an optimized fricton modification package just for manual transmissions.

http://www.specialtyformulations.com/index_files/Page2256.htm

Hey Molakule, how would the synchroglide work in a T56?

Hammer

Howdy all, after much reading i'm leaning towards using plain old Castrol Dextron III ATF in my T56. Seems like mobil 1 is too slippery for the syncros and can cause them to not do their job causing some gear grinding in cold weather, also seems like this is the case with other synethics. The Honda ATF seems highly reguarded but apparently suffers the same problems with syncros in cold weather

I just want to use a fluid that will be the easist on my trans. I'd like to use a convential dextron III ATF for this reason unless you all have another suggestion? Anyone have experience with the regular castrol in a T56?

Thanx!

Hey Molakule, how would the synchroglide work in a T56?

Hammer QUOTE]

My Ford truck's manual tranny uses ATF. Shifted like cr*p. I put in MolaKule's SynchroGlide and the shifting is unbelievably better
shocked.gif
. I was concerned about the cold weather shifting but just after I installed the SynchroGlide we had some temps in the teens and it shifted easily. The SychroGlide is more viscous than ATF, 9.5cST vs 7-7.5cST for the ATF. I'm sold on it
smile.gif

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back