Non-Smartphone Recommendations?

Thinking about ditching the smartphone. Would like to find a good basic phone with following features, if one exists:

1) Takes decent pictures and video

2) Has MP3 storage capacity

3) Bluetooth

Anything close?

Thanks

Nokia 6300 4G. Has YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook. Starts at $59.99

just use a smartphone without a data plan? Nobody has a flip phone that takes anything better than below average pics.
If you are also using it to play music.. good luck tiny batteries usually.

Your 1st condition is not going to be satisfied.
The software in the smart phone is the determinant of good camera not just the camera lens.

Thinking about ditching the smartphone.
For what reason? It used to be to subscribe to a lower priced plan that doesn't apply to smartphones. But no phone company has those any more.

The new flip phones are based on an Android core with a simplified user interface for the flip phone effect. But it's going to have the same security issues as anything Android.

The money you save having a basic phone spend on a good basic camera. Even a basic camera should have WiFi and good image processing.

My work issued phone is a Kyocera flip phone, through Verizon. Meets all your criteria. Got one for my Dad, he likes the simplicity of the flip phone and doesn't want to learn "smart phone". He just wants to flip it open and talk.

I’m currently using an iPhone. The reason I’m asking the question is because I’m interested in moving away from cell phone options that use iOS or GAPPS.

I’m currently using an iPhone. The reason I’m asking the question is because I’m interested in moving away from cell phone options that use iOS or GAPPS.

You'll never fully get away..

The smartphone isn't going anywhere..

Smart people use cash and carry no phone... guess I'm not smart..

You already created a digital footprint and fingerprint.. it just doesn't end and go away by canning a smartphone..

i am similar but besides taking a good pic i need to know how to send them without a data plan. i have the old cheep pay as you go go-phone plan 20 min a month for $8.25 + unused time adds up as long as you add money before expiration. never play on the phone + only talk when needed, it works for me. still cant learn how to e-mail pics on my sony xperia xz but will keep at it!!

Are there any non smart VoLTE phone out there? If you go below VoLTE then your network may no longer support you after 1 year or so.

When long-term provider cut off 3G in favor of VoLTE last fall, researched for some time. Preferred privacy over features, cameras etc. Of course, YMMV, but my humble conclusions, for whatever they're worth, if useful to anyone:

After looking at the specs and reviews, concluded that virtually all the basic/flip/feature/dumb-phones offered today were just cosmetically playing-dumb - they ran the same underlying "smart" operating systems (Android etc.) - so any semblance of privacy was out. Also, that the low-cost, no-name ones had truly bad user reviews - physical construction, OS reliability, and performance. So the alternative choices were a standard-shape smartphone, or a more expensive "rugged" flip-phone.

As far as savings, some pay-as-you-go people look for providers which offer refill cards which are regularly discounted at retailers. For low-data users, maybe check what mobile plan your local cable/satellite provider is offering (around here mo even after fees/taxes), or various less advertised MVNOs. "Free" phone offers are often attached to expensive monthly plans, so be aware. Shopping Nov-Dec last year there were many long running promotions - especially if you switched your number over. (The deals can get complicated, but as an example combining all of the above, a talked-about (surely expired) one was an iPhone SE 2020 for $49.99, minus a referral $25 discount and a $20 coupon (so $4.99), and while the process required choosing an expensive "unlimited" $60/mo plan, you could immediately downgrade to the least expensive 2GB-high-speed-data-included $30/mo plan (which is $27 with the regular 10%-off prepaid card sales). That provider (owned by one of the big three carriers) offers unlocking after 6 months, so if desired could switch to possibly save more.))

The only (semi) privacy choice would seem to be to buy a used, or find a rare new-old-stock, 3G flip-phone which uses a provider which isn't shutting 3G down. Maybe one box is hanging on a display hook forgotten behind newer items. Neighbor still uses a $5.99-on-closeout Alcatel One-Touch (BestBuy and Home Depot used to sell them around here). For him service works out to < $8/mo, and Tracfone has not yet warned him of any future 3G shutdown on the local network, whichever one it uses.

Never found evidence of the idea that some late-model sold-as-3G phones had inactive VoLTE capabilities which could be switched on.

When long-term provider cut off 3G in favor of VoLTE last fall, researched for some time. Preferred privacy over features, cameras etc. Of course, YMMV, but my humble conclusions, for whatever they're worth, if useful to anyone:

After looking at the specs and reviews, concluded that virtually all the basic/flip/feature/dumb-phones offered today were just cosmetically playing-dumb - they ran the same underlying "smart" operating systems (Android etc.) - so any semblance of privacy was out. Also, that the low-cost, no-name ones had truly bad user reviews - physical construction, OS reliability, and performance. So the alternative choices were a standard-shape smartphone, or a more expensive "rugged" flip-phone.

As far as savings, some pay-as-you-go people look for providers which offer refill cards which are regularly discounted at retailers. For low-data users, maybe check what mobile plan your local cable/satellite provider is offering (around here mo even after fees/taxes), or various less advertised MVNOs. "Free" phone offers are often attached to expensive monthly plans, so be aware. Shopping Nov-Dec last year there were many long running promotions - especially if you switched your number over. (The deals can get complicated, but as an example combining all of the above, a talked-about (surely expired) one was an iPhone SE 2020 for $49.99, minus a referral $25 discount and a $20 coupon (so $4.99), and while the process required choosing an expensive "unlimited" $60/mo plan, you could immediately downgrade to the least expensive 2GB-high-speed-data-included $30/mo plan (which is $27 with the regular 10%-off prepaid card sales). That provider (owned by one of the big three carriers) offers unlocking after 6 months, so if desired could switch to possibly save more.))

The only (semi) privacy choice would seem to be to buy a used, or find a rare new-old-stock, 3G flip-phone which uses a provider which isn't shutting 3G down. Maybe one box is hanging on a display hook forgotten behind newer items. Neighbor still uses a $5.99-on-closeout Alcatel One-Touch (BestBuy and Home Depot used to sell them around here). For him service works out to < $8/mo, and Tracfone has not yet warned him of any future 3G shutdown on the local network, whichever one it uses.

Never found evidence of the idea that some late-model sold-as-3G phones had inactive VoLTE capabilities which could be switched on.
AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint are all shutting down their 3G networks which will also affect MVNO’s. TracFone uses everyone’s network, so they will eventually be subject to the 3G shutdown as well.

That's about any
Thinking about ditching the smartphone. Would like to find a good basic phone with following features, if one exists:

1) Takes decent pictures and video

2) Has MP3 storage capacity

3) Bluetooth

Anything close?

Thanks
That's pretty much any econo phone. I would agree with the low end Motorola models.

Back