Nominal Rating for PureOne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you guys estimate is the nominal and absolute efficiency rating for a PureOne filter? Everytime I ask Purolator they ignore my question and simply say that all available information is posted on their web site.

I don't know, but it certainly kicks buttock in terms of full-flow filtration. If I recall correctly, the test dust for the multiple-pass test is a mix of 10-20 micron particles. With a multiple pass result of 98%, and a single pass result of 99.7%, it's basically removing almost all 10 micron particles. That's excellent full-flow filtration by any definition. Without commenting on the test methodology, the lowest numbers I've heard associated with Mobil 1 is 10 microns, and 8 microns for AC Ultraguard. So the PureOne is right up there. And although this is open to debate, I'm of the opinion that the PureOne's "packed" pleats still leave more than sufficient room for oil flow -- one doesn't need a quarter-inch between pleats for oil to permeate the media. Although Purolator doesn't release PureOne media area spec's, I suspect they're fairly high compared to the competition, as was the case in the mini-Mopar study (400 sq in for PureOne, versus 360 for STP, 351 for Mobil 1, and 349 for Wix). And more media, in general, assists flow capacity.

my instinct is that the "flow' problem is a non issue. severe flow drop would light our oil pressure light.
Even a temp bipass situation would not be bad, especially if you had great filtering 99% of the rest of the time.
i have about decided to use the pure ones all the time

quote:

Originally posted by edwardh1:
Even a temp bipass situation would not be bad, especially if you had great filtering 99% of the rest of the time.
i have about decided to use the pure ones all the time

Do, doubt. I'll take 99 percent with a little bypass mode, all day long.

Hey, When my truck was running 100.00 well with no issues,,, ie the first 100-200K
I tried the pure-one and it did the same per se what the OEM did, in fact I could tell only one thing in my opinion, was that it needed to be changed sooner ie instead of 7-10K more like 5K...
that's my mini test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back