Nokian Outpost APT All-Weather (Winter) Review

CC2 will do excellent where Sienna can go. Because it has pretty much similar clearance as my BMW that I track.
Still, if you want something for campsites , go Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 or Continental TerrainContact.
The Defender LTX M/S on my Pilot takes my family to all the places surfstar is looking to go (Beach/hunting cabin/forest roads/light mud/gravel). I haven't tried winter in a long time as I run full snows but many comment very favorably on that.

I don't see at least on TR, either listed in the 235/65/18 size surfstar is looking for (n) . @surfstar - what is on the Sienna currently and how have they been in the conditions? Even though our set is wearing pretty quick but that's mostly around town, lots of stop/go/turn, the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail seem popular with many Subaru and others that do what you are looking for and looking for extra trail grip. TR has been very good at prorating warranty, I might even do them again to keep FIL happy. Is slight size change an option? Might give more choices.

Pilot $uck$ on clearance also. Aftermarket skid plate has seen it's share of use at protecting oil pan and other parts.
IMG_6229.jpg

Last edited:
The Defender LTX M/S on my Pilot takes my family to all the places surfstar is looking to go (Beach/hunting cabin/forest roads/light mud/gravel). I haven't tried winter in a long time as I run full snows but many comment very favorably on that.

I don't see at least on TR, either listed in the 235/65/18 size surfstar is looking for (n) . @surfstar - what is on the Sienna currently and how have they been in the conditions? Even though our set is wearing pretty quick but that's mostly around town, lots of stop/go/turn, the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail seem popular with many Subaru and others that do what you are looking for and looking for extra trail grip. TR has been very good at prorating warranty, I might even do them again to keep FIL happy. Is slight size change an option? Might give more choices.

Pilot $uck$ on clearance also. Aftermarket skid plate has seen it's share of use at protecting oil pan and other parts.
View attachment 219198
I know people who do serious off road with Defender LTX M/S.
Unlike Nokian, with Michelin and Continental you get supreme wet performance.

Edit:
If gravel and campsites are often accessed with that vehicle, I would first get rid of 18" wheels. The base size is 235/65 R17 on the current Sienna. I went from 255/50 R20 on Atlas to 265/60 R18 precisely bcs. off-roading.
235/65 R17 has more available tires, and they will be cheaper.

Last edited:
OEM is 235/60r18 Bridgestone Turanza LS100
6.9" ground clearance

Going to 235/65r18 gives a bit more sidewall (vs OEM and matches 235/65r17s) and a 1/2" "lift". Not worth spending $ on wheels, from what I've seen. Not wanting to go with a lift kit either. 2-3" ones are available. Both could change in a couple years, though.

Planning for future road trips where 3-peak rated tires may be required (& desired), and handling occasional dirt roads narrowed my choices. The APT and CV 4S seem better in snow and lighter weight than most of the soft-road tires. (Wildpeaks, Geolanders)

Not a kid shuttle van. Road tripper and gear hauler, more so.

Last edited:
I would have gotten Outpost APTs for my CX-30 if they were in stock when I was looking. I ended up with BFG Trail Terrains which have been fine.

I had the Outpost ATs on my truck and they were great.

OEM is 235/60r18 Bridgestone Turanza LS100
6.9" ground clearance

Going to 235/65r18 gives a bit more sidewall (vs OEM and matches 235/65r17s) and a 1/2" "lift". Not worth spending $ on wheels, from what I've seen. Not wanting to go with a lift kit either. 2-3" ones are available. Both could change in a couple years, though.

Planning for future road trips where 3-peak rated tires may be required (& desired), and handling occasional dirt roads narrowed my choices. The APT and CV 4S seem better in snow and lighter weight than most of the soft-road tires. (Wildpeaks, Geolanders)

Not a kid shuttle van. Road tripper and gear hauler, more so.
3" lift kit would be too much IMO for that vehicle bcs. axles etc. If you decide, stay with 2".
The real issue you will have is the rear end. The departure angle is just absolutely horrible on Sienna.

Back