No more gas truck?

Most of us know advanced auto cleared out their gas truck.
I didn't get any.
Went to walmart to get some for next oil change. None in stock any grade.
I go to shell website and its still listed. Is it done ?
I liked it.

They mention it's SP rated on the website now, but I've only seen bottles that are 2 years old on the shelf and Advance Auto was clearancing it for $10.49 a month or two ago. If you really want it. if there's a tractor supply in your area they may still have some on the shelves.

I grabbed about 25 5qt jugs at AAP(s) with the 25% off online coupon.

Its fine for all 3 vehicles I change the oil on.. although I will probably run the rest of my PP stash in the jeep first since it meets ms-13340.

I ended up grabbing 24 jugs getting a price match at TSC to the 10.49 at AAP , got 15x 5w30, and 9x 5w20, hit up 6 stores, tried to grab 5w30 but if they didn't have 4 I bought some 5w20, after rebates it was less than $30 for all of the jugs.

Most of us know advanced auto cleared out ther gas truck.
I didnt get any.
I go to shell website and its still listed.Is it done ?
I liked it.
Rand and Blufeb95 bought it all. I'm innocent; I bought ONE jug a few months ago - and that's it!

I don't have an engine currently in which to to run the "troublesome" 5W30 flavour.
So VAS is still my #1 pick for a stunning oil in this grade!
I would suggest you try it if you are looking for some more power and mileage, It may be a hair noisier on some engine - but not bad noise heard on the ubiquitous Nissan QR25DE big 4 banger I was running at the time.
p.s; That motor with a good fixed cam and springs and a pair of 55DCOE would be a runner - Easy 200hp.

Rand and Blufeb95 bought it all. I'm innocent; I bought ONE jug a few months ago - and that's it!
In all fairness they seemed to just be gathering dust, if I didn't buy them they'd probably sit on the shelves for another 5-10 years, at several of the TSC stores I seen 2009-2010 vintage Delo 400LE 15W40.

I went by tractor supply this morning and they only had one grade 5w30.

when you think about most trucks nowadays being Chevy, Ram, Ford, and Toyota are running 0w20/5w20 that’s not a good sign...especially considering most of the same guys around here swear by rotella in their diesel trucks and tractors.

Interesting my Rural King doesn't seem to stock any SOPUS products other than Rotella, always think it's funny that they're listed as an authorized retailer on the PP rebates but they don't have PP.
Yep I have two that I visit frequently the one closest to me has it the other one doesn’t so I guess it’s based on location. I went to Tractor Supply earlier today and took a glance all they have is the 5W30 RGT.

I hope not, I like this oil and it’s cheap. I’ve seen it at Wal-Mart here in Scottsdale but they mostly have 5w-30 which is what I use in my truck and a small amount of 5w-20. I’ve been looking at running this in my wife’s gen 2 Rogue daily driver as it looks like it would be well suited to her more uhhhem “aggressive” throttle usage (she’s an autocrosser), short drives, and excessive idling. They make it in 0w20 but I have never seen that in a store. Advance by me only has 1qt quantities by me at pretty high prices.

Walmart clearanced off their 0w20 RGT a few months ago, TSC had plenty of it in both 5qt jugs and 1qt bottles at all the stores I went to.

Most of us know advanced auto cleared out ther gas truck.
I didnt get any.
I go to shell website and its still listed.Is it done ?
I liked it.
Walmart.com online has it as does my local WM so I cannot see it disappearing any time soon.

Still in stores around here.

Looks like Menards is sale pricing it out but looks like only 5w20

Looks like most weights at walmart.

I guess I'll wait and see if it goes on clearance here

Back